Thinking about homeschooling my soon to be 5 year old
    Mommaofdnd15 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thinking about homeschooling my soon to be 5 year old

So I'm thinking about homeschooling my soon to be 5 year old there's just too much crazy stuff going on in the world. Can anyone help with advice or steps to start also would like some new mommy friends

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Thinking about homeschooling my soon to be 5 year old

Hi! This is a great time to start your research. You might be interested in this free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

Each state has its own homeschool laws, and they are all very different. So the first thing to do is to visit your state's Department of Education website and learn your state's homeschool laws.

Make sure you know at what age your student becomes subject to mandatory education laws in your state.

Make sure you understand the difference between homeschooling and enrollment in an online or virtual school. (If your child is enrolled in an online or virtual school, you are not subject to homeschool laws.)

Choose a curriculum. We like Time4Learning, of course!

This is a very brief idea on how to get started. Time4Learning lets anyone sign up at any time. They do encourage you to follow your state's homeschool laws, but they don't oversee that, so you don't need to provide any documentation.

Have fun!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!