Thinking about joining T4L but nervous!
    kew2u2 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thinking about joining T4L but nervous!

Hi everyone....I am a stay at home mom of 6 kids. We are honestly thinking that homeschooling is the option for us since my husbands work has had my kids switching public schools many, many times over the years. My 2 oldest are in 10 and 11 and they have been to 6 different schools due to moving so often. Now I have a 5 yr old ready for kindergarten and a 3 and 4 yr old close behind and I do not want them to have to switch around so much like the other 2. I have always been nervous about homeschooling and I still am, but right now I think it would be the best idea for us. We have lived in IL-WY-WI-and now Montana. We literally just got here a few days ago and I was going to enroll them in the public school here, but just have been uneasy about it since my husband might be finally permanently transferred to WY again! Anyway we always seem to run into a problem in public schools with attendance since we do visit family very often since we live so far away from them. I am always receiving letters every year that my kids are on the 10 day max limit for attendance, and to be honest I am sick of it. They are good students and me taking them on vacation to visit our family does not mean that I am a bad parent and deserve fines and my kids deserve to be punished for it.
    Homeschooling is a way for me to monitor what my kids are learning and we can create our own schedule.(we are leaning toward a year round schedule with some vacation time here and there).

So my question is if I order this program...how soon can we start it? I was hoping they can start a full time school schedule next week.

Also, if my kids decide to go to public school highschool in the future, how do we prove that they are ready for that? Do I show the high school their progress reports and such?

I have a feeling my kids will do so much better homeschooling but I am a little nervous with my youngest ones in learning how to read. Does T4L have a good program that helps them learn how to read?

I just dont want to start this and feel like I have failed them because this is the route we have chosen for school.

Anyway, thanks for listening and hopefully for answering my questions. I look forward to being part of the community.

Thanks so much,
    Steph

Mom to 6 wonderful kids!

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

So my question is if I order this program...how soon can we start it? I was hoping they can start a full time school schedule next week.

I think I covered this answer over at http://time4learning.net/forum/quest...-nervous-5052/

Also, if my kids decide to go to public school highschool in the future, how do we prove that they are ready for that? Do I show the high school their progress reports and such?

This answer would depend on the state you live in and what the homeschooling requirements are. I recommend you join your state group (Montana) and ask how that works for that state.

I have a feeling my kids will do so much better homeschooling but I am a little nervous with my youngest ones in learning how to read. Does T4L have a good program that helps them learn how to read?

Time4Learning.com has a great Learning to Read program. They have developed a reading skills pyramid that is wonderful.

I just dont want to start this and feel like I have failed them because this is the route we have chosen for school.

You have not failed your children and will not fail them long as you love them and keep doing what you are doing as their mom. You are the one who has taught them to walk, eat, talk, potty train and more. You are the one that is perfect for the additional job of homeschooling them. I hope I answered all your questions. If not I am sure someone will come along and add to it. ~*~ Welcome~*~ to time4learning.com
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.