Thinking about Using Time 4 Learning
    mrsizzy71 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thinking about Using Time 4 Learning

I'm new to the Home Schooling World and I live in Washington NC. My son is 10 and is in forth grade and is being bullied so much he hates to go to school. So I decided to finish the year out and start in the summer. I was looking into using the Time 4 Learning because he loves the visuals and hands on things. I also thought of ABeka. What does anyone suggest? Any info would be great!
    Thanks
    Melissa

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrsizzy71 View Post
    I'm new to the Home Schooling World and I live in Washington NC. My son is 10 and is in forth grade and is being bullied so much he hates to go to school. So I decided to finish the year out and start in the summer. I was looking into using the Time 4 Learning because he loves the visuals and hands on things. I also thought of ABeka. What does anyone suggest? Any info would be great!
    Thanks
    Melissa
    Melissa, it is difficult to make any specific suggestions regarding curriculum for you, because the two that you are thinking of using are so totally different.

T4L is secular and online. ABeka is Christian and textbook based. Neither are hands-on curriculum.

Oak Meadow is Waldorf inspired. It has hands-on activities especially in the younger grades. It is secular.

WinterPromise is Charlotte Mason inspired. It uses real literature instead of textbooks and contains hands-on activities. It is Christian.

Intellego Unit Studies are online unit studies with online links alongside hands-on activities. It is secular.

Learning Adventures is a literature based unit studies curriculum with lots of activities. It is Christian.

Konos is a activity based unit study curriculum that is extremely hands on. It is very, very, very project oriented. It is Christian.

I like T4L. While I have used some hands-on programs and am currently using some of a WinterPromise program, I find that my son and I are not particularly interested in hands on stuff.
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo