Thinking of homeschooling in a year
    auntshag is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thinking of homeschooling in a year

Is there any teachers that help online if your child does not grasp concept?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, auntshag. Time4Learning isn't a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum. In homeschooling, the parent is the teacher of record and directs the student's education. Many people mistakenly refer to using an online school as "homeschooling", because the work is done at home, but that isn't the legal definition. Since Time4Learning is not a school, we do not employ teachers or tutors.

In homeschooling, the parent directs the student's education and the parent is responsible for following the homeschool laws in the student's state of residence. Each state is different, but homeschool laws tend to be designed to assure that the student is actually learning and not to dictate how the parent must teach or what curriculum they must use. Homeschool laws are simpler than school laws and allow more flexibility to customize your student's education.

In an online school, a third party directs the student's education and the third party is responsible for following the school laws (not homeschool laws) in the third party's state. School laws are very detailed and allow very little ability to customize the student's education. Your child will be told what curriculum to use and how to use it.

Think of us as a fun, online alternative to buying a stack of textbooks. The bookstore or textbook publisher provides the teaching material, but they do not provide a teacher.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MJ510 is offline Member

Default Re: Thinking of homeschooling in a year

Still trying to decide on a curriculum?

Here's a comparison checklist that may help:

The Homeschool Curriculum Comparison Checklist You Need Right Now

Ruby2017 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Thinking of homeschooling this year

Hi, I'm thinking to start homeschooling next September and now I'm in the stage of the curriculum selection I choose time4 learning as I like prepackaged organized curriculum now my question is when I submit my NOI I have to include the curriculum I will use. How to submit time 4 learning curriculum. Your help and fast reply will be highly appreciated.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Thinking of homeschooling in a year

Hi, Ruby. If there's just a space for the name of the curriculum, you can write in "Time4Learning". If they want a description, you can log in to your parent account and print the scope and sequence for each subject and grade level you will be using. Another option is to Google "Time4Learning seventh grade overview" (substitute your child's grade level) and print the overview you find online. It just depends on how much detail you are required to provide.

Welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!