Time 4 learning high school in NY
    kccat3594 is offline Junior Member

Default Time 4 learning high school in NY

Is this accepted in NY for curriculum?

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Yes, it is,kccat3594. There's a Time4Learning parent forum for families in New York, if you'd like to check it out. This would be the link: New York

And if you need information on homeschooling in New York, you can check out this link: New York Homeschooling Information

I hope that helps.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

I'm using it for middle school in NY. I don't find it to be 100% complete, as I want Jack to learn Spanish this year and TFL doesn't provide that. So, we supplement with duolingo for Spanish (actually, I plan to start that after his Bar Mitzvah in November.) My school district also asked about health and PE, which TFL doesn't include either. Both requirements were satisfied with the kind of language I used when I was "unschooling" my daughter- ie, I let him play outside and we talk about puberty and safety. I don't know if you're "required"to mention drugs, mental health, and sexual health for the high school years- we already discuss those things as they come up in life or through literature.

I'm not very familiar with the high school homeschool laws in NYS as my daughters both chose to return to public school in 8th and 9th grades. I'll see what happens with Jack in 2 years.
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.