Time commitment?
    ADavis is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Time commitment?

Hello,
    This year I will have 9th, 6th, 4th, 3rd, and K. We have always homeschooled traditionally and this would be our first online experience. My question is how long are the daily lessons for each subject. I would only be using the language arts and history for the most part possibly math for the K. I realize that it depends on the student but I need an estimate to see if it's even possible time-wise with 5 students. We have 2 older computers and a tablet and I will be starting online college classes myself this fall part time.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, ADavis. This is really a difficult question to answer because it is student-paced. For the lower grades it could take about 10 to 15 minutes per subject per lesson. As they get older, the lessons are more comprehensive and may take longer, up to 30 minutes at the most (maybe longer for high school).
    We've been using Time4Learning for several years now. Our daughter does a couple of lessons a day and spends about an hour per subject. Some days we only do Language Arts and Math. Science and Social Studies are really freebies or bonus subjects provided by Time4Learning. T4L has added more comprehensive science courses for middle school in the last year, and I've heard good things about them. Same for high school.

I'm not sure that Time4Learning works on all tablets. Just be sure the tablet is flash-based. If you have an iPad, there's an app called PuffinAcademy that you can install to access Time4Learning. That's what we use when our two laptops are being used by our other kids (or us).
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass