time4learning and how it works

Default time4learning and how it works

I am curious how does people use this program as primary curriculum for their child? Do you need supplemental work as well or does it cover all?

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Christie.
    Time4Learning can be used both ways, as our only curriculum or we can supplement certain subjects or lessons. It also depends on the grade level.

The Time4Learning curriculum provides members with a full year’s worth of curriculum that is laid out in a suggested sequence with lessons building on each other. It consists of math and languagearts curriculum from preschool through middle school T4L, and includes science and social studies as a bonus. High schoolstudents have a selection of courses from which to choose.

Some parents choose to supplement science and social studies in the lower grade levels, since those are bonus subjects. For a more informed decision as to how you would like to use it in your own homeschool, this link for the Lessons Scope and Sequence may be helpful in deciding whether you want to supplement or not.
    Personally, we have supplemented science and social study with good books from the library and documentaries or movies from the library, Netflix or YouTube.

I hope that helps.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass