United Kingdom

Thread: United Kingdom

GuestUser is offline Junior Member

Default United Kingdom

Are there any UK based home-educating families using time4learning? If so, how do you handle cultural differences such as spelling?
    Thanks, Tracey

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to Time4Learning. I just did a quick look on the member locator and came up with 14 families in the UK who use time4learning. I don't know of any methods of adjusting the spelling for different parts of the world. I hope others will come on and post that have more information. I think you could make a fun game out of it with your children. This is how we spell this word but that is how they spell it in the US.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    Hi Tracey,

Welcome to Time4Learning. I just did a quick look on the member locator and came up with 14 families in the UK who use time4learning. I don't know of any methods of adjusting the spelling for different parts of the world. I hope others will come on and post that have more information. I think you could make a fun game out of it with your children. This is how we spell this word but that is how they spell it in the US.
    Thank you for your reply - I have decided to join and test it out. Is there a members group for UK based people?

Blog Entries

Default United Kingdom

Unfortunately there is not a member group for UK people. You can however connect with others from teh UK by going to the top of the page where it says Community. Click on that drop down menu. At the bottom of the list, click on member locator. A new page will come up. Go down to where it says State. Put UK there. It will bring up a list of members who are in the UK. There may be a few others in the list but you can just skip over them. Click on the names of UK members and send them private messages to connect.

Another thing you can do is post in the forums that are specific to the ages of your children. Or any of the other forums that look interesting to you. We have a brand new Cyber Book Club that is just starting this week. The Getting Started Guide may be helpful to you. Or look around the home page to see what sparks your interest.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We're all here to support each other. I will ask the powers that be about a United Kingdom specific support group.

Blog Entries

Hi Tracey,

I just found out about this site that might help with spelling issues. British Spelling | Resources Check it out and let me know if it helps.

Thank you very much for your help; that site looks very helpful. We will starting t4l activities tomorrow to see how things go!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome! I'm glad Kathi was able to point you to the British spelling lists on SpellingCity. Please let us know how your first day with T4L goes!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!