Using Time 4 Learning for Special Needs Summer program??
    Eatatmidnight is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Using Time 4 Learning for Special Needs Summer program??

My 13yo ds is currently in 7th grade at public school. He has several labels...Tourette's Syndrome, profound dysgraphia, mild hearing loss, LD in written expression and ADHD. Honestly, school is the closest thing to hell on earth for him. The curriculum currently used in our district (Connected 2 Mathematics) is failing miserably. It is great for the math tutors in the area. Anyway, since I don't think he has learned anything in math this year, I am considering using Time 4 Learning over the summer to help him learn what he should have in math. Do any of you have experience with special needs kids and this program? I especially like the idea, because he can't "functionally" write and needs to use the computer for anything other than short answer. Can all the work be completed using a computer? Any feedback would be helpful.

timmysmom is offline Member

In my experience so far, most of the math can be done online. Can he follow what you write out if more explanation is needed?

ETA: Welcome!
    Sandra
    Mom to Mo, Chet and the Tim-inator!!!

Preschool worksheets
    Worksheets created by my cousin for preschoolers!!

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

We homeschool Alex(7th grade) now but he had labels as well when attending public school. I think that your son will like the way they tell him how to do each subject on T4L~ Alex loves the cartoon based lessons. And we are slowly catching him up to grade level because of all the gaps he had in Math. And we do all ours online with only additional math in fractions which he hates!

Hope this helps~
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

Eatatmidnight is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by timmysmom View Post
    In my experience so far, most of the math can be done online. Can he follow what you write out if more explanation is needed?

ETA: Welcome!
    Thank you for the welcome. Yes he can follow what I write out. He just can't write it himself.