Very scared

Thread: Very scared

Scaredmom3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Very scared

Hello I am a mother of three one 11th grader an 8th grader and a 9th grader. As of recent I had to pull them all from brick and mortar schools but am afraid without some guidance I will have to reenroll them because the programs I know of are not enrolling right now UGH! My daughter (8th grader) was so bullied that she tried to commit suicide 3 times no matter what I do I feel like I am hitting massive walls at every turn.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry you're having such difficulty right now. I imagine you have many professionals to help you with the non-academic challenges. Time4Learning allows anyone to sign up at any time, but we are not a school. We are a homeschool curriculum, so the parent is the teacher of record and makes all decisions regarding scheduling. If you aren't comfortable with being your child's teacher, you might want to see if your school district has a public-school-at-home option. Please do continue to seek help. Best wishes for you and your children.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I recently pulled my son, also in 8th grade from public schools. It is very scary, I am trusting my intuition and trusting God. My son has been doing really well on this program. My only issue is no 8th grade social studies curriculum. However, we still have his US History book so we are making our own lesson plans. Would love to help support you. We all need it.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Scaredmom3, I'm sorry about your daughter. That is just terrible that bullying is so out of control in the schools.

The choice to homeschool can be a scary choice for many of us because it's so new to us. Most of us grew up in brick and mortar schools and don't know any different. For us, we just took it one day at a time and it just became second nature, a way of life. Homeschooling and family life just became one. My kids have been able to explore more of their personal interests. And it really helps that Time4Learning has a Reports section that helps us keep track of our kids' work and progress.

I would highly recommend that you get connected with a homeschool support group in your area for guidance and support...for you and your kids.

Best wishes to you. I hope to hear back from you with an updated report.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass