We are LOVING T4L!!!
    MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default We are LOVING T4L!!!

I am blown away by this program. This is our tenth year homeschooling. We are very plugged into our community and I thought I was very set with the programs that work well for us. My friend mentioned T4L in her blog and so I started asking questions and long story short I thought I'd give it a try! We started with JUST my 7 year old! We added my 15 year old to work on some remedial math and now we're discussing buying more computers so we can add my 5 & 11 year olds!

I was doing dishes, looked over and saw my 7 year old working while all three of his brothers sat watching him transfixed. I was actually able to blog a picture of Seth working while his little brother Jacob looked on: http://homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/351010/

I teach at a large homeschool co-op and I'm starting my first year as our counties South county support group leader. I cannot tell you how many times I sit while moms pour out their hearts telling me they don't have time to do everything. They only see where they are "lacking".

I cannot wait to add T4L to my list of recommendations. I see that it can be used for a few different reasons:

1- As a complete program and I can just add bible/devotional time.

2- As a partial program to teach lang arts and math or lang arts OR math. Freeing you up to teach a more mom-intense program.

3- As a remedial program.

I guess all this excitement comes from my pre-conceived idea that it was just a little "fluffy" extra but not a REAL program?! I have no idea why I thought that?

I actually had to go BACK a grade to review with my 3rd son because though I know he's learned these things before, he understands them so much better thru the multi-media approach. It is visual AND auditory!

I still use and Love WinterPromise for our science and next year our history, but T4L makes our life enjoyable and doable. My boys are learning, understanding and mastering concepts!

I sure hope they eventually add highschool.

In HIS Love,
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I had to respond to this, Mary, as your journey sounds so similar to ours. We have home schooled for ten years, also, and I originally looked at Time4Learning as an interesting supplement. I was impressed with the comprehensive curriculum, and switched my children to it one-by-one.

I had my third grader go back and do all of the first- and second-grade science topics, because I knew she would retain some extra things when they were presented the way Time4Learning presents its material.

And, I have also found that my children learn from listening to their siblings' lessons.

Glad to have you with us! Please continue sharing.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy

I had my third grader go back and do all of the first- and second-grade science topics, because I knew she would retain some extra things when they were presented the way Time4Learning presents its material.

Glad to have you with us! Please continue sharing.
    Me Too! I have my 3rd son going back and re-doing skills to really hone them. Thank YOU, I'm glad to be here
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

evey is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default my family's journey- not cookie cutter

Hi there- I've enjoyed reading your comments. I had trouble using this program at first- in my environment everyone seems to thinks abeka is best, or things similarwhich I respect . And, I thought I would just go with the group's idea of what is best. But, when I sat down to actually do a workbook, or something like that- well, even a very simple subject was harder than it looked. I have a one year old who wants alot of mommy's time. I am naturally a bit- ok- very disorganized- so getting my lesson plans together- getting the house clean- handling the baby was pretty stressful. Also, I found I was more impatient than I realized I could be. When my son would scribble on the page, instead writing the letter "O" on the line, well I was not the chipper self I imagined myself to be.
    I just started using lifepac for bible (and its what I am most passionate about), so that way he is having some workbook time, and craft time each day. It is still the most challenging time of the day for me- but my son claims its his fav subject. It is for about 30-45 minutes. Then, I have my son do t4l. I do my housework while he works. It helps with my organization, cause I get so much done.
    Well, I guess although my vision was to fit the cookie cutter mold homechooler, I was supr ised at myself and that my kids did not quite fit into the mold. What is so great is that God makes a way for folks like me! He is so good.
    Look forward to reading more mommie's comments!
    Thank, Evey