What about learning to write?
    JenniferJ is offline Member Regular

Default What about learning to write?

I don't mean handwriting, but to write paragraphs and stories. Is this covered in t4l??

thanks, Jennifer
    Mother to 4, teacher to 5
    3 kids using T4L: DD7, DS11 and the neighbor's grandson age 12

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Jennifer, T4L'ing covers this using a story writer program;-)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Jennifer, beginning in kindergarten, there is a "Story Creator" exercise at the end of each unit in language arts. Kindergarteners actually just move pictures around to make a "story". You can see the kindergarten Story Creator in the demos. This is the very first step in learning to write (for pre-readers).

By first grade, they are adding a title and a few descriptive words to the pictures they make. Second graders and older write some sentences, a paragraph, or more.

In addition, some of the language arts extensions offer lessons on the writing process. Fourth graders are offered a unit called "Written Communication" and fifth graders have "Elements of Writing". Story Creator provides practice. The extensions provide instruction for writing outlines, research reports, and even letters.

Older students complete their writing assignments using Time4Learning's built-in word processor, Odyssey Writer.

Many Time4Learning parents require their students to keep a journal, which is excellent writing practice. Of course, any paper will do, but if your student becomes an Ed Mouse fan, there is a journal featuring a picture of Ed Mouse available to purchase here.

Click here for more information about learning to write with Time4Learning.

I can tell you are getting excited. Hope your income tax refund arrives quickly.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I looked at the link and the writing program looks great!Thank you.

Yes I am very excited!!!

You will be pleased to know that this Christmas, several people gave us $ this year and we are going to to a month of T4L!!!!!

T4L helps me homeschool while dealing w/ ADD, ADHD, SPD, dyslexia,dysgraphia, low comprehension,LD

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Oh Jennifer,

I'm so glad and can't wait to hear how you like it my friend!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Mary,

I posted my first day experience here:

https://www.time4learning.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=672