what about testing?
    bbydol221 is offline Junior Member

Default what about testing?

I have a 2nd grader and an almost 3 year old that I will begin home schooling in the fall. i also have a 4 year old who i want to start home schooling in the next month or so. how is testing done? is there a test after each completed unit? are there spelling tests? do you do projects, ie. presentations on poster boards, dioramas?

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Time4Learning.com.

There is no placement testing. You have your child start where you feel they might best fit. If after they start you find that they the work is to hard you can move them back or if you find it to easy you can move them up. You are given 3 grades at a time on your screen. Once you decide on which one you want to keep your child at it is as easy as sending an email to get your program set for that grade level on that subject. Your child does not have to be in the same grade level for every subject. My son is doing both 5th and 6th grade level in different subjects. I love how you can cater this program to your child's needs.

As for quizzes and testing inside the program...

Each section has quizes and there are chapter test. Check out the lesson plans for Language Arts 2nd Grade Language Arts Lesson Plans - Time4Learning

There are lessons and quizzes in that list but then at the end of Chapter 1 there will be a test.

Spelling is usually in the Language Arts section and set up the same way everything else is w/ some quizzes and then test at the end of the chapter.

As for the projects. There are some projects mixed in the science and social studies area, but you can choose to do them or not do them. We have done some but not all of them.

I hope that helps.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

bbydol221 is offline Junior Member

Thanks Brandy!