What if I start now? (March)
    kowgirl510@yahoo.com is offline Junior Member

Default What if I start now? (March)

HI. I was thinking about joining T4L now but what do I do when I want to break for the summer? Is it best to just wait for the begining of the year? Do you have to de-activate your account and re-activate in the fall? What do other parents do in this situation?
    Thanks!
    Dee

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Sweet Dee,

I saw your posts over on facebook and I'm so glad you're here. I can tell we're gonna be fast friends. (Big Warm Smile) You are able to put your account on hold if you break during the summer. I do have a suggestion, but I don't know if it would work for your family. If your child is going strong you might consider letting them go during the summer and take time off in the month of December or something. Because Time4Learning let's your child work at their own pace it won't require much of mom, but will let her get a headstart. (I keep saying her?) Do you have a daughter? However, if your family goes on vacation or if you just really want to break then you could put your account on hold.

HTH,
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Hi Mary!
    I see you found the post I was talking about....hee-hee! Thanks so much for answereing me in both spots, and I LOVE your idea about taking Dec. off and going through the summer! THANK YOU so much for your kind words of encouragement and for taking me under your T4L wing! I have 2 boys actualy, no daughters. My boys are ages 7 (almost 8) and 9 and I feel like I could be doing more for their education then I am. I have been trying this and that and running down rabit trails, feeling like I never actualy complete anyting. Though I am a Christian, and I know God has it all under control and they will eventualy be the people He wants them to be, I feel I could be doing a more effective job teaching the basics. OK, I have told you much about us (smile), Thanks again for all your help!
    Blessings, Dee

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Oh Dee, we all feel that way. It doesn't matter how long we homeschool. Though it does get easier the longer you go. You'll find your groove. I know why we hit it off right away. I am the mama to boys only too! (Big Smile)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

hallllooo dee!! so glad you found your way over here!

regarding summer .... we live in florida and summers can be miserable with the major heat and all the rain. we go straight thru summer because they don't get as much outside time, and take longer breaks around christmas and in the spring when outside time is so much better. and, for what its worth, we never actually suspend our account because the kids go on and play the games

grab a cup of coffee, put your feet up and welcome to the family!!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Thanks Jess! I just love the parent forum on here, it's great to connect and get all kinds of great advice from everyone! Now that I figured out how to see if someone replied to me on a thread it should be much easier to connect! (Hopefully I am doing it the easy way.....going to my profile and clicking on threads) If there is a faster way please let me know. I figured out replies do not go directly into my email inbox I have to log on to T4L to find out if I have any replies....is that right or am I missing something!?
    Dee
    Dee from IL
    Homeschooling Mom of 2 sweet boys......
    for 6 years....learning something new every day!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

wneever i first get to the forum for the day i go to :

User Control Panel ----> Subscriptions

it brings up the latest posts on threads i've responded to
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!