What is YOUR educational background?

View Poll Results: In your family, what is the teaching parent's educational background?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • The teaching parent did not graduate from high school.

0 0%
  • The teaching parent is a high school graduate.

3 25.00%
  • The teaching parent has some post-high school education.

4 33.33%
  • The teaching parent completed a trade school program.

0 0%
  • The teaching parent has obtained a college degree.

2 16.67%
  • The teaching parent has obtained a college degree in education.

3 25.00%
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default What is YOUR educational background?

A recent poll showed that homeschooled children of parents with college degrees do a tiny bit better in standardized tests . . . but still score an average of thirty points higher than students in traditional educational settings. There was no significant difference when the teaching parent held a degree in education.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

I have a bachelor's and a master's degree in education. I'm proud of my education and I worked very hard to earn those degrees. My background as a former teacher both helps and hurts me as a homeschooling mom! LOL!

But you don't need a degree of any kind to teach your child. Anyone who has a true heart and desire to do so can be extremely successful!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I have a bachelor of science in psychology and I was half way to a master of science in guidance and counseling when life got to complicated to finish.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

B.A. in English, 6 hours short of a dual major, I just finally had to stop going to school because I couldn't afford it any more! I would still be in school if finances allowed, I seriously love going to college.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

I have a BS in Biology and after a 15 year break (OMG!) I'm back trying to finish my MS in Nutrition. All of that is completely unnecessary to homeschool my kids, but maybe I'm just subconsciously trying to set a good example for them...lots of studying! LOL
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

jsrefinance99 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi, i am doing Honour's in Accounting , now i am in final year, after that i will do MBA