When you are ready to sign up, here's how! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: When you are ready to sign up, here's how!

Ashums is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hey there, new to the forums.
    I posted a couple threads a few days ago and they still haven't showed up on the forums (been approved?). I wanted to inquire about the typical approval time, if a few days is normal or if my posts got lost.

I posted one in the "Thinking of Using Time4Learning" and also in the "Georgia" subforum.

Sorry if this isnt the right place to ask, wasn't sure where else to inquire! I am just curious if I should try reposting or not

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Mali, Time4Learning offers a complete math and language arts curriculum, with science and social studies available at most levels as a free bonus. There is no extra charge for science and social studies.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

Hi, Ashums! Welcome to the forum.

A person's first three posts will not be visible on the forum until they have been approved. This should be done within 24 hours, although it sometimes takes a little longer on weekends. After you have posted three times, your posts will be visible immediately. Although inconvenient, this is necessary to keep the forum free of spam.

You're almost there! Looking forward to seeing you participate.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Hi, just signed up for the trial today. I'm wondering after it goes off can we change the subjects if we want to do this full time. I have 3 teenagers and I was looking around and found a list of subjects it did not have when I was looking at our options. We are in Eastern NC and this is our first time homeschooling. I have a 15 and two 16 yr olds. We used educational portal for this year but I was looking something different. I really like the idea of the reports. This will make it easier for me. Mine have a week to get their work done but I'm probably going to be more structured next year. I love that they have brought their grades up. Even though they have dragged some getting work done this year I know what to change for next year. Just want them to have something to hold their attention as well as teach them.

scoutmama38 is offline Junior Member Newbie

what ages are your children, if you dont mind me asking? What do you use for science and social studies? My daughter will be in 8th grade and I am totally new to all this.

Patty Kennedy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Never homes school... all you have to do is sign your child up for this? You the mm don't have to carry a certificate to do this? please advise.

Sahar Ali is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ;10489
    I filled out the form for a free trial last week and have not heard anything back yet about my account. I'm in a bit of a hurry researching options for next year so am wondering how long the approval process takes. Thank you.

johnbooker159 is offline Junior Member Newbie

i also neet help, can you help me

Blog Entries

Hi, johnbooker. What kind of help are you looking for? We'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the curriculum.

Blog Entries

Hi, Patty Kennedy. Each state has its own homeschool laws. They are all different. A very few require the parent to have a high school diploma or GED to homeschool, but I'm not aware of any states that require a teaching certificate. You can find your state's homeschool laws on your state's Department of Education website.

You might be interested in our free Welcome to Homeschooling Guide.

Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a curriculum that a parent can use to teach their child. The lessons are designed to be done independently by the student, and the computer grades all of the daily work, quizzes, and tests . . . but the parent needs to set up a plan for their student (we provide an Activity Planner within your parent login that you can use to help if you wish). The parent also needs to grade any of the printable worksheets they decide to have their student do (we provide answer keys). They also grade writing assignments (we provide grading guides for each writing assignment). You'll also want to look at you student's reports on a regular basis, to be sure everything assigned is getting done and that the grades are what you expect.

Time4Learning has been compared to a dishwasher! The dishwasher DOES do dishes for you, but someone has to scrape them, load the dishwasher, check to make sure the dishes came out clean, reload any that need re-washed, and put the clean ones away.
    RDishon likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast