When you are ready to sign up, here's how! - Page 3
" "
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: When you are ready to sign up, here's how!

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi, Sahar Ali. There is no approval necessary. Your account should be ready to use within 24 hours, except on weekends or major holidays. You will receive an email when the account is ready to use. If you do not receive an email, check your spam folder. If you feel there is something wrong, please contact [email protected] or call (888) 771-0914.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Junior Member Newbie

Most of the posts here are at least ten years old. I find it hard to believe that nobody at all has been posting.
    What's happening at the moderation stage?

Blog Entries

Hi Momschooler. When you say "most of the posts here are at least ten years old," where is "here?" If you mean this Thinking of Using of Time4Learning board, I apologize that you can't see the posts, but the first 3 pages of posts are all from the last 12 months. If you're still having trouble seeing the posts throughout the forum, please feel free to contact technical support (888-771-0914) to see if they can help troubleshoot.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 12th year (2016-17) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

Forum Moderator

Hi, Momschooler. This is a sticky post, intended for reference. You should only find additional replies on this thread if someone has questions about signing up that weren't answered in the initial post . . . and hopefully that won't be often.

This is a pretty active forum, and you can expect to find new posts daily. Posts receive a response within 24 hours, although it can be a little longer on weekends. In addition to the moderators' responses, other Time4Learning members often pop in with their own replies.

Welcome aboard!

Junior Member Newbie

Exclamation Re: When you are ready to sign up, here's how!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Click here to go to the sign-up page.

Information from the sign-up page: No long term contracts. Cancel any time. For $19.95/month, you get your own login and a complete language arts and math program. Add a second child for only $14.95 /month. Plus, we provide a 14 day money-back guarantee. Time4Learning has helped thousands of children, why not yours?
    I have a question, is there only four courses provided? I live in New York and they are regulation happy, they want the four with art, music, health, PE, and such, does this curriculum provide all that, is it all included in the fee? My son was registered at another online school, no names, but they are having issues with who is actually in charge, my son is now 2 months behind because he cannot log onto either site, who knows which is actually real and my money is going nowhere. The circulum is a joke, the test questions have nothing to do with what he is actually learning, so his grades are suffering, that was when he could log on. They were only available to take money, so I am quickly looking for another school that is reputible. Please get back to me soon. Any other ideas would be most helpful too. HELP!

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: When you are ready to sign up, here's how!

Hi, Marla. Time4Learning is not an online school. It is an online homeschool curriculum. If you are unsure about the difference, please let me know an I will explain.

Time4Learning provides the four core courses of math, language arts (phonics, reading, writing, spelling, literature, grammar, etc.), science, and social studies. There is also a sixteen-lesson art program you can use whenever you are ready.

In most states that require certain subjects, you do not have to teach every, single subject every, single year. You are right that New York is heavily regulated, though.

With Tiem4Learning, health is taught as units in the science curriculum.

Many parents use piano lessons or something like that for music and just log time spent on lessons or practice. You can also find music lessons for free on YouTube.

Families use organized sports or just log their child's physical activity for P.E. For example, keep a calendar and write things on it like "Walk around the neighborhood, 45 minutes" or "Active play on playground equipment, one hour" or "Softball with the family, thirty minutes" or "Swimming lesson, 45 minutes".

Since New York is so heavily regulated, you will want to make sure your plans will be acceptable. I believe the state requires pre-approval so, if there's anything unacceptable in the plan you present, they'll let you know.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3