Where are scores for the State Simulation Assessment?
    sonshine is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Where are scores for the State Simulation Assessment?

I have looked around in the portfolio at the reports and can't find where it shows my son's score for his State Simulation Assessment that he took. Can anyone tell me where I might find it?

Thanks!
    Sonshine

Carylin is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default State simulation tests

Sonshine,
    My son (6th) took the state simulation test recently in Lang. Arts. the scores were listed in his portfolio- (log in as child, click on backpack) His were 3 parts that he did on 3 different dates. He scored low on one of them but high on the other 2.

We noticed that when he was done NEW lessons were added. He thought is was cool that he got to do more It seems that when you do a test the program will assign work that will help you based on what you don't know.
    Carylin

Rozanne is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Where are scores for the State Simulation Assessment?

I cannot find the score for my daughter's simulation test. I want to see what she got wrong, as well, but when she finished the test, it gave her the grade without an answer key. Please help. I want to see this information.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There are no answer keys for any of the core language arts activities, because the system grades the lessons for you. You can see the grade in her portfolio (the percentage correct). Log in as a parent to view the lesson plans and identify which lesson activities are state sim tests. Look for those lesson activity numbers on your student's report.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Rozanne is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you for this bit of information. I am disappointed not to be able to see where her mistakes were made. It would be helpful, as a teacher, to know when she's not catching onto something. While I understand T4L didn't intend these tests as a weakness form, I do. I prefer to have weaknesses made known and focus on those rather run through some of the lessons and waste time that could've been spent on something she doesn't know. Perhaps T4L would look into doing something about this.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I agree thst it would be nice to have some sort of summary.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!