Will I be able to enroll due to my age.
    Striicken is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Will I be able to enroll due to my age.

I am 18 years old. I have not finished the 8th grade due to dropping out from my social anxiety. Would I be able to attend this school online and finish the 8th grade so I can go on to an adult high school or Penn Foster's online high school and graduate?. Penn Foster told me I have to finish the 8th grade and send them a paper stating that I did before I can join their school.

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Striicken View Post
    I am 18 years old. I have not finished the 8th grade due to dropping out from my social anxiety. Would I be able to attend this school online and finish the 8th grade so I can go on to an adult high school or Penn Foster's online high school and graduate?. Penn Foster told me I have to finish the 8th grade and send them a paper stating that I did before I can join their school.
    Very good question. Here is the information that I received in order to answer your questions.

Time4Learning is a curriculum, not a school.

The high school (Penn Foster's) you wants to attend decides what they will accept as proof that you completed eighth grade. Some require attendance at an accredited school and some will accept alternate educational methods. If the high school agrees to accept the Time4Learning curriculum, you would simply need to print reports from your portfolio for them. You might want to provide the eighth grade lesson plans to help them decide whether this is a program they will accept or not.

I hope that helps you in your choice of what to do.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Dear Striicken, I just wanted to say GOOD FOR YOU! You are going to do GREAT! My grandmother dropped out of highschool when she was young to help support her family. She went back two years later and got her degree and then at 40 went to college and become a teacher, at 50 she got her Masters degree in elementary education and reading. It's never too late! 18 is still young. I'm cheering you on as you go light your world! I do think Time4Learning will really help you achieve your goals;-)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning doesn't require students to be any certain age.

Whether you decide on Time4Learning or choose another program, I think it's awesome that you're motivated to do this!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Striicken is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you for your replies!. I dropped out due to very bad social anxiety so it was very hard for me to go to school everyday and also being picked on and bullied. I talked to someone over the phone and they told me that the 8th grade does not have social studies and science. Would this be a problem for me getting into another school?. I called the board of education in my area and they told me they could not give me an answer because I am not in a public school in this area. I have no problem doing 7th grade social studies and science, I just want to make sure doing this won't stop me from getting back into my high school online. They told me they will accept a paper showing I completed the 8th grade from this school.

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Striicken View Post
    Thank you for your replies!. I dropped out due to very bad social anxiety so it was very hard for me to go to school everyday and also being picked on and bullied. I talked to someone over the phone and they told me that the 8th grade does not have social studies and science. Would this be a problem for me getting into another school?. I called the board of education in my area and they told me they could not give me an answer because I am not in a public school in this area. I have no problem doing 7th grade social studies and science, I just want to make sure doing this won't stop me from getting back into my high school online. They told me they will accept a paper showing I completed the 8th grade from this school.
    Stiicken,

I just wanted to be sure you understood this is NOT a School, but a Curriculum. Time4Learning.com is not accredited as a school it is ONLY a Curriculum used by homeschoolers and some public/private schools use this Curriculum to supplement their schooling. You might want to make sure that they will accept this Curriculum. I would hate for you to get to the end of your 8th grade work and them request a letter from Time4learning.com stating you graduated from 8th grade, and Time4Learning.com does NOT offer this due to we are NOT a school, but a Curriculum.

Good luck in what ever you decide to do.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Stricken, completint the Time4Learning eighth grade curriculum can be compared to getting a math, English, science, and social studies text book and doing all the work in them. There is no teacher oversight and no one to vouch for you, so some schools wouldn't accept that as proof that you completed eighth grade. Others would be more than happy to look at a sample of the work you had done and accept that.

Instead of samples of your work, Time4Learning provides printed reports. Some schools will be pleased to accept that and others may not. You need to have someone at Penn Foster agree to accept your Time4Learning work in advance.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i'm cheering you on too, you go for it!!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!