Will T4L work in Tn
    Micki is offline Junior Member

Default Will T4L work in Tn

Hello guys, my name is Micki and I'm thinking about using this for my 13 yr old...I have watched him all summer and he really loves and gets..programs on the computer..so I thought this would work for him....will it work for Tn rules???

thanks
    micki

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Micki,

Nice to meet you! Time4Learning was created to go with state standards. As far as your homeschooling rules in TN. I recommend that you check out the Tenn group and see what kind of info you can get from there. The moderator over there is really nice and full of information.

Here is the link to the Tennessee Time4Learning group.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!!!
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Micki,
    Hi! I'm Linda, the moderator of the Tennessee group. Please come on over to the group through the link that Brandy posted (thanks Brandy!!) The short answer to your question is, yes, Time4Learning will work with Tennessee laws. We have a number of people in the group that are using T4L in TN.
    The long answer to your question is...have you homeschooled in TN before? Are you familiar with the basic TN laws? When trying to figure out the exact meaning of the laws in TN, I refer to these 2 sites.
    1. A to Z Home's Cool Tennessee This is a great place for information, but it does kind of make your eyes cross after a while! All that legal-eze makes my brain hurt! So, then I go to...
    2. The Non-Lawyer interpretation of Tennessee Homeschooling laws This is a much less painful version!
    Finally, T4L is legal, and will work with the TN laws. What you will have to figure out is how you will register with the state...through a Local Education Agency, a Church Related School, a CRS satellite, or a Catagory III distance learning program. This all seems kind of overwhelming at first blush, but we will do our best over in the Tennessee group to get you advice and get you on your way. Don't forget to join the Tennessee group to get notices of other things happening over there!
    Best of luck!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Micki is offline Junior Member

Good morning Linda, yes we have been homeschooling since January..we were with a school here in Knoxville..didn't like it..changed to another for this school year..they never responded to my application...just sent the application back w/check..nothing on it as to why..so I found HLA..signed up with them yesterday...woohoooo..but we have been doing stuff since the 17th of this month....I did ask them about T4L and they told me yes..so signed him up for that..woohooo...so now I can breathe and we can get on with it...between this and another son in Air Force..sometimes I forget to breathe...LOL

Now to figure my way around T4L..ing...LOL

Thank you guys so much
    Micki

Quote Originally Posted by MamaToHerRoo View Post
    Micki,
    Hi! I'm Linda, the moderator of the Tennessee group. Please come on over to the group through the link that Brandy posted (thanks Brandy!!) The short answer to your question is, yes, Time4Learning will work with Tennessee laws. We have a number of people in the group that are using T4L in TN.
    The long answer to your question is...have you homeschooled in TN before? Are you familiar with the basic TN laws? When trying to figure out the exact meaning of the laws in TN, I refer to these 2 sites.
    1. A to Z Home's Cool Tennessee This is a great place for information, but it does kind of make your eyes cross after a while! All that legal-eze makes my brain hurt! So, then I go to...
    2. The Non-Lawyer interpretation of Tennessee Homeschooling laws This is a much less painful version!
    Finally, T4L is legal, and will work with the TN laws. What you will have to figure out is how you will register with the state...through a Local Education Agency, a Church Related School, a CRS satellite, or a Catagory III distance learning program. This all seems kind of overwhelming at first blush, but we will do our best over in the Tennessee group to get you advice and get you on your way. Don't forget to join the Tennessee group to get notices of other things happening over there!
    Best of luck!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Micki,
    First, let me thank you and your son who is in the Air Force. His service, and your waiting at home are very much appreciated by me and mine.
    Now, it is time for you to take a breath, and set your son to T4L. Sometimes the best way for us to learn how a program works is to set our fearless children to it and then watch... in amazement!
    Over on the TN group I am going to be conducting a little roll call to see who is out there and why and how they homeschool. Check it out later this week.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!