Wondering

Thread: Wondering

Marsha2107 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Wondering

I have a 11 year old daughter that has been having alot of anxiety issues at school. Her fear of going has had her on homebound this sem already. She now was suppose to go back, but it still having anxiety. I guess I would like to know, does this program provide all she would need for her 6th grade year? And also. How do you keep the proof from here in case of inquiring. Also..does this site provide a grade for their work?
    I am new to all this and don't want to have to spend a fortune for work for my child.

Any info would be appreciated!
    TY~
    Marsha,,mom in KY

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha2107 View Post
    I have a 11 year old daughter that has been having alot of anxiety issues at school. Her fear of going has had her on homebound this sem already. She now was suppose to go back, but it still having anxiety. I guess I would like to know, does this program provide all she would need for her 6th grade year? And also. How do you keep the proof from here in case of inquiring. Also..does this site provide a grade for their work?
    I am new to all this and don't want to have to spend a fortune for work for my child.

Any info would be appreciated!
    TY~
    Marsha,,mom in KY
    Welcome Marsha,

Glad you have stopped by and are looking at time4learning.com. Let me start by saying Time4Learning.com is a curriculum not a school. There are percentage scores for some of the lessons, quizes and test. But as for a grade like A, B, C .... no there is no letter grade given. Time4Learning.com is a core curriculum. You can use only what you need or all of it. You can add other subject to it also. My son is in 6th grade this year and we use different grade levels for his learning levels. As for proof the work is being done. You have the ability to print out daily, weekly, or monthly reports. There are some printable resources avaliable for print also that are good for a portfolio.

I recommend you start by finding out what is required in your state to homeschool. Each state is different. We have a group for each state. I recommend you join the Kentucky group and ask them what is required. The moderator is very versed in what is needed to homeschool in your state.

I hope I answered all your questions. I look forward to getting to know you better as your homeschool adventure continues.

Blessings;
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Hi Marsha -
    I have a 6th grader too, and we use T4L as our primary curriculum and supplement with other things as we like, or as the kids need. T4L is a great place to start as a new homeschooler, and as you go about your journey you'll start to discover your likes & dislikes for the various curricula out there and figure out where you belong. Glad to have you here!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Marsha,
    You will find that Time4Learning takes the terror out of homeschooling your child. Lessons are planned for you, records are kept, though no letter grade is given. I'm not sure about Kentucky, but printing the daily record or a weekly, would show proof of schooling, and record some percent grades, since not all exercises are scored. We are oin 5th, and are pretty sure that T4L will provide 6th grade no problem. After that, we might have to look for suppliment, because my daughter goes through the science and social studdies fastest. We do suppliment with things like word ladders, foreign language, music, art, and penmanship, and other things as we desire. T4L is a great core curriculum, at an awesome price! Best of luck.

Linda
    Rep, Moderator, and...
    Homeschooler of one!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!