Thinking of Time 4 Art for my K student!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JohnEdelson

Thread: Thinking of Time 4 Art for my K student!

Default Thinking of Time 4 Art for my K student!

Has anyone used the new art program yet? If so what do you think about it?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! My oldest is now in 9th grade, but when he was younger he did the Time4Art program and loved it. Actually did it two years in a row, lol! My youngest is just about to begin the program for the first time. I will get a refresher when I go through it with my younger one, but I remember my oldest really enjoying the characters in the program, and feeling like he actually learned "art stuff."

You get the art program for 6 months with your membership (you can extend it for a year for $10 I think, if you need to), so I would say it's definitely worth at least trying!

I believe the art program, right now, is just for upper level students, but if you can use it, I hope you'll check back in with us and let us know what you think...
    Last edited by bailbrae; 10-15-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

JohnEdelson is offline Super Moderator

>
    Quote Originally Posted by KempersMommy View Post
    Has anyone used the new art program yet? If so what do you think about it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	art_program348x293.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	1630
    The art program is not provided to the youngest students since it requires students to be solid readers. The art program is very substantive and is a mix of:
    - Art History - "See Art"
    - Art Theory - "SAY Art"
    - Art Techniques - "Do Art"
    And I quote:

Sixteen lessons teach art theory, art history, and art techniques. Each lesson is comprised of three main parts: SAY art, SEE art, and DO art. During SAY art, students view an animated video that presents the lesson concept and then practice what they have learned in an open-ended online activity. SEE art introduces various artists and their work as examples of the concept being studied. DO art offers students an opportunity to create their own art, using offline media or a digital paint program.

While there doesn't seem to much parent chatter about the Time4Art program, the students seem to be producing some great work.

Here's a link to the Time4Art student art gallery.
    And here's a link to a description of the Time4Art online art program including a demo and information on who gets it.

<Quoting again> Access to the art program.Students must be members for thirty days before requesting access to the art program, and then it is available FREE for six months! (After requesting access, it takes 24 hours for the program to be activated on your account.) When the six months have elapsed, families may purchase a 12-month extension for a flat, one-time fee of $10.00! How's THAT for a bargain?!

Furnace and Ruby (our friends at the top of this page) teach some fairly advanced art concepts in a fun, animated style. Students can do the occasional hands-on projects using a digital paint program or traditional paper/paint/pencil media.

Check out the demos . . . and encourage your student to submit his or her art to be featured on the login page!
    bailbrae and jpenn like this.
    John Edelson, Founder
    It's Time 4 Learning. And Fun!

Time4Learning: Automated Online PreK-12th Curriculum for Math, Language Arts & More.
    Time4Writing provides eight week writing courses for students, 2nd-12th grade. Teachers included!
    Time4MathFacts: Automated Game-Based math facts practice, a foundation for future math success.
    Time4Languages: Ten of Rosetta-Stone's legendary language learning programs provided at reduced costs to T4L members