What do think you about Time4Art? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What do think you about Time4Art?

Kimberleaf is offline Junior Member Newbie

My 7th grader started the art program today and really liked it!

I know the pre-high school art classes start in 4th grade and go through 8th grade. My question is are the 16 lessons for each GRADE, or for the entire 4-8 grade years? If it's the latter, I would love to see more. A music course would be great as well.

Kimberleaf is offline Junior Member Newbie

Oh, and is there art for high schoolers?

Elia12 is offline Junior Member

I wish that we had realized that it was available to us prior to the notice that the free time was almost up. We've had no time over the summer to try it, and now I think it's over. For other new members, you may want to remind them when the 30 day period ends, that the free art program starts.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hey, Elia. The art program can't be accessed until you have been a member AT LEAST thirty days . . . but then YOU decide when to start! Once you have been a member at least thirty days, you can click on the art program tab when logged in as your student and it will give the the option of starting the program. You'll have free access to the art program for six months, which is usually more than enough time for most students to finish. If you find you need more time or, like my kids, want to do it again, you can log in to your parent account and purchase a one-year extension for ten dollars. That's ten dollars for the entire year . . . not ten dollars a month.

There are only sixteen lessons total, Kimberleaf. Each lesson has several activities . . . See Art which introduces some real art, Say Art which introduces terminology, and other random animations and games. I carefully dole this out to my kids, one per day. Otherwise, they love this program so much that they'd finish the whole thing in a day or two. That isn't the best way to retain the information learned. Each lesson ends with Do Art, which gives the option of several hands-on activities as well as some activities that your child can do in a Paint program and save to their online art portfolio. I let my kids choose one. Each time they go through the program (which has averaged about once a year for grades 4, 5, and 6), I have them choose a different Do Art.

I must admit I let one of my high school kids go through this program again, just for fun.
    graygirl.61 likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jese.beard is offline Junior Member

Default Re: What do think you about Time4Art?

This is very nice. They can enhance their creativity skills. My kids love it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2