Time4Languages and High School Credit
    EmilyNW is offline Junior Member

Question Time4Languages and High School Credit

Hi,

We are new to Time4Learning. I have an 8th grader and we are VERY NEW to homeschooling, we just started earlier this month. I am planning for high school already. Can anyone tell me if Time4Languages can be counted for high school foreign language credits? He needs 2 foreign language credits to graduate. We are under an umbrella school so we report grades through them. Just wondering if Time4Languages has tests and record keeping etc. like Time4Learning does.

Thanks!

Emily

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Time4Languages and High School Credit

Hi. Welcome to the forum!

When homeschooling independently, YOU decide what your child needs to do to graduate from your family's home school and you decide what equals a credit. For example, many parents award their children credit for things like Scouting, 4H, music lessons, organized sports, arts and crafts, and casual parental instruction in things like cooking or auto mechanics. You also create, maintain, sign, and stand behind any documents the child needs, such as a diploma or high school transcript.

Umbrella schools all work differently. If yours will award credits and issue a diploma for your child, then you need to check with them to see what they will accept for credit. Time4Languages does have reports. When you log in to your parent account to view reports, you are given the option to select the kind of report you want (Time4Learning, Time4Languages, or Science4Us.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

EmilyNW is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Time4Languages and High School Credit

Thanks for the response! The umbrella school does list Time4Learning as one of their accepted curriculum. I will give them a call to see if they accept Time4Languages as well.