About Time4MathFacts
    hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default About Time4MathFacts

Time4MathFacts is the latest FREE addition to our Time4Learning memberships!

You can add Time4MathFacts to your child's account the same way you adjust grade levels, add Science4Us, and so forth. Just log in to your parent dashboard, choose Change Grade level under Make Changes to My Account, and select whether you want addition and subtraction or multiplication and division added.

Your child will then be able to access Time4MathFacts from their student dashboard, in the same rectangle as they access their "regular" math lessons.

Here is an article I wrote some time ago about how my own kids needed to step back and learn the basic math facts before they could go any further in math. Time4MathFacts keeps the same kind of progress chart I mentioned in the article . . . so, when your child masters a math facts (meaning they have answered that math fact quickly and correctly many times), it gets indicated on their online chart. How cool is that! I wish we had Time4MathFacts back then!

Times Table Trouble

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ErinD21382 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: About Time4MathFacts

We are really excited about this addition!!! It's EXACTLY what we needed! My son had ADD and has alot of trouble with memorization of math facts. I'm going to be throwing out a lot of practice workbooks! (he is also not a big fan of book-work and prefers the computer). The games seem really fun and he's pretty excited about it. He's not as proficient as he thought he was (which is great for me because it's not me telling him we need to work on this more). We just had a couple of questions about the games that I was hoping someone might know? Does anyone know how new games are unlocked? Is it after playing a certain number of times? certain score level? proficiency level? He would love to know so that he can have a goal in mind. (I know this is a brand new addition to the program but I was hoping maybe someone involved would see this and let me know. I've been searching for more information and can't find any yet.) Thanks everybody!

Blog Entries

The green light indicates that your student did “enough” in the current session. They can only earn one green light per day. The games unlock based on mastery of facts.

When a student gets the Green Light, they can go to the store and purchase items for their avatars and progress trees. Several Green Light days in a row means that students can unlock a new game of their choice.

You can check whether your student has games that can be unlocked by looking at the sign underneath the tree house. If games are available, scroll through the choices and then click unlock.

Hope this helps!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

lmevans21 is offline Junior Member

We are a bit confused by it. My daughter started and got a tick and two games are unlocked. She played them a few times what else is there to do? Do you go back to the carnival? or do you just play the two games over and over until the others can be unlocked?

Blog Entries

She plays the same games until she has demonstrated mastery of certain facts, at which time more games will be unlocked. She can also check along the way to see if she has played long enough to "buy" additional items for her avatar.