Personalized Instruction
    ergon4 is offline Member Regular

Default Personalized Instruction

My son loves that the writing course has personalized feedback on every assignment from Leslie, the instructor. Sometimes it is good, I guess, to get a pat on the shoulder from someone other than mom! Who knew??
    Raising homegrown geeks...one laptop at a time. Check out my Topsy-Techie blog at http://topsytechie.wordpress.com/

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

That is exactly what we experienced! I've homeschooled my children from the beginning, so they've heard everything I have to say about their writing . . . many times.

They were all so excited by getting feedback from someone else. It's the first thing they looked for every morning.

I'm comfortable evaluating my kids' writing, but it never hurts to get additional feedback. Three of my children took these courses this year and I'm signing at least one of them up for an additional course in the fall.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Lisa333 is offline Member Regular

How much time do the middle school Time4Writing courses take the students each week?

Are there any mandatory times or days when the students have to be available?

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time required will vary according to the assignment given and how your student works. Some days, the student just needs to read a paragraph and answer a few questions. Other days, they are instructed to write something. The longest assignment we were given was to write five paragraphs. Some students might whip out a five-paragraph essay in fifteen minutes and others might work on it half the day.

All assignments for the week are posted on Monday and should be completed during that week. The student should do them in sequence. It's often helpful to wait for the teacher's feedback before proceeding to the next assignment, but feedback is provided daily. Other than that, the student can set his own schedule.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!