T4Writing for an LD student?
    DawnM is offline Junior Member

Default T4Writing for an LD student?

What accommodations or adaptations can be made for a child with some learning disabilities? Or can they be made?

My oldest has Asperger's and struggles with writing terribly. I am wondering if having a class like this would help him or frustrate him?

Thanks,

Dawn

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'll ask one of the T4W teachers to answer that question. It might be Monday before anyone is available.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The teacher had several suggestions. If your student is working "at" a certain grade level, enroll him in the Time4Writing class appropriate for his ability, regardless of age.

It would be difficult for the teacher to customize feedback to accomodate special needs of a student she hasn't met. You could review each days feedback and choose whether to call certain comments to his attention or to ignore them for now.

Time4Writing can work for a student with special needs if the parent works closely with the child.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!