Time 4 Writing

Thread: Time 4 Writing

o2bmoms is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Time 4 Writing

Could you please explain to me why we have to pay extra for Time 4 Writing when it seems to be acting as a replacement for the writing section of Time 4 Learning which isn't working. I am not angry , just broke. Thanks, o2bmoms

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Because the curriculum provided by Time4Learning was developed for use in schools, the grading function on Odyssey Writer was not designed to be used by individuals. Odyssey Writer (a word processing program) is provided for the student to use when doing writing assignments, but assignments must be graded manually. Because Time4Learning is a curriculum, not a school, parents (or another guide/leader) grade the writing assignments.

Many parents feel they need some extra help evaluating their children's writing because, of course, there is no answer key. Time4Writing is a teacher-led writing course. Students communicate with a real, live teacher, who evaluates their writing assignments and provides feedback on an almost daily basis. A messaging system is available, so the student is able to ask questions for clarification.

Time4Writing does not replace the writing assignments included with Time4Learning. It can be used for struggling writers who need extra help, parents who want assistance in evaluating their child's writing, gifted writers who want additional writing opportunities, and students preparing for tests that include essay writing. Time4Writing offers several courses for each grade level: elementary, middle, and high school. Take a look at the courses offered by Time4Writing and you will see that they are more focused than writing assignments given in a general language arts curriculum.

Time4Writing is an incredible bargain. The other online writing curriculum I am familiar with is more expensive and provides feedback on ONE essay per week. Three of my kids took Time4Writing courses last year, and the daily teacher feedback was really exciting to them. We're taking another Time4Writing course this winter.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

o2bmoms is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks Kelly, I will be looking into the Time 4 Writing .

jack705 is offline Junior Member

I agreed that time4 writing will help for evaluating the children writing, we have no other best option in place of time 4witing
    CNA Training Check It Out At CNA Board