Time length to complete course
    Ktwirls is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Time length to complete course

We love t4l! Even though my son will be 9th grade this coming yr we will still use t4l for Algebra and Social Studies. I am really interested in the t4writing for his English. Even though he will be 9th grade his writing is very basic and behind compared to his math skills. I think we will start doing the Middle School classes--there are 4 spearate classes. My question has to do with time it takes to do them. I see that it says about 2 hrs a wk for 8 wks. Can you go faster than that?
    Kim Ann~Quad Cities, IA/IL
    Mom to boys ages 14, 9, 7, 5 and girl age 3!
    Advocate for birth, breastfeeding, & babywearing!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Time length to complete course

My kids have taken four Time4Writing courses so far. They are wonderful!

It's a good idea to wait until the teacher has returned feedback about one writing assignment before proceeding to another. The great news is that feedback is provided by the following day, so he won't be held up waiting!

A few of the assignments are graded by the computer, and he doesn't have to wait for those to be graded.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

uma
    uma is offline Junior Member

Hi. My daughter is doing the 3rd grade program. She completed her first writing assignment. We submitted it on Wednesday and today is Thursday and we still have not received a grade. I wanted to know if she is suppose to receive a grade? Or am I suppose to grade it? Also I saved a copy of it and the saved copy is in the porfolio as incomplete even though it is the same as the one that is showing complete. Did I do something wrong?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Time4Writing is separate from Time4Learning. It sounds as if you are talking about Odyssey Writer, which IS part of Time4Learning.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license that allows them to offer it to individuals. The grading function in Odyssey Writer was designed for classroom use and can't be used by individuals. Because Time4Learning is a curriculum, not a school, it does not employ teachers to grade assignments. Most assignments can be graded by the computer.

Because a computer can't evaluate writing assignments, parents grade the Odyssey Writer assignments. Clicking "Hand In" simply marks the assignment as complete and causes it to show up in the reports as a link. When the parent notices an Odyssey Writer assignment in the student's reports, they can print it and grade it on paper or just view it online.

Parents who desire a course with personalized teachers to guide and evaluate their student's writing often choose to sign up for one of the Time4Writing courses. These courses are not required or included in the Time4Learning curriculum. They are for students who need a little extra help, students with a special interest in writing, parents who are uncomfortable evaluating their students' work themselves or don't have time to do it, or even parents who simply want another opinion.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jack705 is offline Junior Member

Time4 writing syllabus is only available for English writing or any other subject as well
    CNA Training Check It Out At CNA Board