Time4Writing high school question
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By hearthstone_academy
  • 1 Post By melinda49
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Time4Writing high school question

cappuccinomom711 is offline Junior Member

Question Time4Writing high school question

Is anyone using Time4Writing as a High School elective? Would this make a good elective?

I'll be looking forward to your replies. Thank you!

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

All my high school age kids have used Time4Writing. They are eight-week courses, so it's nice to take one . . . have a break . . . and take another. I have sort of worked into having these last couple kids take one T4W course per high school year. That way, it's fresh and new . . . something they look forward to. They love getting feedback from someone other than myself, and I enjoy the second opinion about their writing. You get a printable certificate at the end of each course that specifies how many credit hours they received, so that's nice.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

melinda49 is offline Junior Member

How does this work?
    cappuccinomom711 likes this.

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Melinda, Time4Writing is a separate program from Time4Learning. It's for students who want a certified teacher who will provide personal feedback on their writing assignments. With Time4Learning, parents are responsible for grading a student's writing assignments.

Time4Writing courses are each eight weeks long. The writing activities are submitted to a live teacher, who returns them with feedback within 24 hours. This is great if you are unsure about your ability to grade your student's writing assignments, if you want a second opinion about his or her writing ability, or if your student would enjoy receiving feedback from someone besides Mom! Each eight-week course costs $99.

I have my kids take one or two T4W courses per school year. We don't stop doing our other school stuff during that time. We have just found it valuable to focus on writing at times, and they do enjoy getting feedback from someone besides me.

You can find a description of the courses here: Online Writing Courses
    cappuccinomom711 likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

cappuccinomom711 is offline Junior Member

Could this count as an elective? If we did one course through the year, I'm thinking it could be like a one semester elective? I'm also trying to think of what it would be close to with the course catalog that public schools use. Creative Writing maybe? Thanks for your help. I appreciate the replies, they were helpful as well.

Have a great day!
    ~capp mom
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us
    that dragons exist, but because they tell us that
    dragons can be beaten."-G. K. Chesterton

danafromaustin is offline Junior Member Newbie

I plan on calling it a creative writing elective.