Time4Writing members, please check in! What courses are your students taking?
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Time4Writing members, please check in! What courses are your students taking?

What Time4Writing courses have your kids taken? Which ones do you hope to try later?

My youngest daughter loved the elementary sentences course, and really "bonded" with her teacher. A couple of my kids have taken some of the middle school courses, and one of them is begging to try the high school essay course this year. (She's a freshman, so she's eager to feel like she's really in high school. )
    Last edited by hearthstone_academy; 01-21-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

topsytechie is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

My oldest son (a senior this year) is taking the Essay Writing course. He has LOVED every minute of it. He is kind of a natural writer, actually, and I'll admit to never really teaching him how to "structure" his writing, so this course has been absolutely perfect for that. When he finishes it, I really feel like he will be prepared for the essays he will be required to do in college courses. We've been so impressed by the comprehensiveness of the course, the great feedback from the teacher, and the interaction between the students. I can HIGHLY recommend this course for any high schooler!!

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

We love Time4Writing at my house! I have a daughter enrolled in the elementary sentences class right now, and she really enjoys it. She looks forward to reading the feedback from her teacher for each of her assignments. Love it!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mamaneedham View Post
    We love Time4Writing at my house! I have a daughter enrolled in the elementary sentences class right now, and she really enjoys it. She looks forward to reading the feedback from her teacher for each of her assignments. Love it!
    My son is also enrolled in this class right now!
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have a daughter who just finished high school GUM (grammar, usage, mechanics). She's on her second day of the high school paragraphs class.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

My oldest son took the Middle School Basic Mechanics course and he really enjoyed it. Liked being accountable to someone other than mom or dad for a change, lol, and by the end of the course felt like he really came away with new knowledge. He has actually ASKED to take the follow up course, so we are going to sign him up for that this spring.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!