Time4Writing with SOS?
    tdowling is offline Junior Member

Hi,
    My name is Tracey and I have 3 kids (Alex 14, Olivia 11 and Christian 6). We are new to homeschooling and we love Time4Learning. My oldest uses SOS, but I am going to suppliment with Time4Writing. Any comments?
    Tracey

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Tracey. I sent you a message saying I moved your post here, and then I forgot to answer it! I'm sorry for the delay.

Having had three kids take Time4Writing courses, I would recommend it as a good supplement for any homeschool curriculum (including SOS, which we used briefly years ago).

Even if the curriculum you are using includes writing practice, it will lack the personal teacher feedback of Time4Writing. I can't tell you how valuable that feedback was to my children! Often, the teacher would mention something I had "nagged" my child about for years . . . but it was a little more credible, because someone ELSE thought the same thing.

Writing is so important, and it's really hard to objectively evaluate your own child's work. I would probably advise any homeschooling parent to take advantage of a course like Time4Writing at some point in their child's school years, especially if you aren't highly skilled in that area yourself.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!