This week ds is completing Elementary Sentences.
    Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Default This week ds is completing Elementary Sentences.

My son is not a confident writer, so I started him at a level where he had already been exposed to the topics covered in the course. There were only a couple times when he needed to ask for an explanation from me. He needed a refresher on commas used in appositives and who/which clauses. Also, we need to purchase a daily paragraph editing book. He does fine if there is only one sentence, but multiple sentences at once is overwhelming. He really enjoyed reading the feedback from his teacher. It has definitely been a confidence building experience.

He only has the final test and we will wait to complete it on Wednesday as we have plans tomorrow. Then, we will wait until next week and begin elementary paragraphs.
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing! It is nice to have the writing courses in eight-week blocks, because there's such a feeling of accomplishment each time they complete one and earn that certificate!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!