Help

Thread: Help

Unregistered Guest

Lightbulb Help

My 3rd grader is having the toughest time at school not because he cant do the work. It is because he is getting beat up every day by this family of five kids. He is the youngest of the group of kids and the wont let him have on day of peace. The school wont do anything about it. That's the last straw. I need help getting started in home school for him PLZ someone help me and my son. He really like to learn and i feel that if he doesnt get out of this soon he will not want to continue learning. He read's at a 5th grade level and is in the top 10% with math. I dont wanna let that slip away. .

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear about what's happening at your son's school. That sort of thing is becoming disturbingly common these days. If you choose to homeschool, here's a link to a page full of resources for homeschoolers in Utah. Reading some of this information will really help you get started on the right foot!

Thanks for posting, and please let us know if you have any questions about Time4Learning! Best of luck to you and your son!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

Unregistered Guest

How do you legally pull a child out of public school to homeschool? I need to do it for my son to finish the 8th grade. He will be going to a specialized school 9-12 - but until then - I've got to make a change.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

The first thing you need to do is research Utah state law for home education. These two links will be helpful:

Homeschooling in Utah

Utah Homeschooling Information

I also suggest you find a homeschool support group near you to get connected with other home educators who can give you guidance. These are usually a great resource for field trips and events for the kids and parents alike.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass