where do i start with a 1oth grader?
    Unregistered Guest

Question where do i start with a 1oth grader?

So I have a 15 year old daughter that has gone to public school all her life and now we are having health issues and I am seriously thinking about starting home school for her. She is currently in 10th grade and 3/4 of a way through her current school year. I am at a loss at what to do and where to start??? What is the best homeschool program for older children? Is this something that can be done?? Im worried??

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello. I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner. And I'm sorry your dd is having health issues.
    Unfortunately, T4L only goes as high as 8th grade. If it went higher, I'd definitely use it for my high schoolers.
    But we do have Time4Writing, which is an excellent writing courses taught by certified teachers.

There are many homeschool programs. You may want to look into Abeka. Abeka also has what is called Abeka Academy, which is a virtual distance learning program for high school. That's one option.
    Here is another resource called Let's Homeschool High School. There are many articles and an excellent forum that you may find very helpful. There is a forum for teens, also.
    Lastly, let me refer you to the Utah Homeschool Legal Defense Association. They have a wealth of information, including homeschool laws for Utah and Organizations or support groups so you can get connected with other homeschoolers in your area.

I hope this is helpful to you. And I wish you all the best!

Janet
    homeschooling 3 (2 high school & 1 elementary school)
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 03-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.