the "socialization" issue
    mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Default the "socialization" issue

I don't know about you, but my kids get TONS of socialization, in fact, some days it's a challenge to manage our time between activites so that we actually get some school work done!

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that really made me smile. It said "Warning: Unsocialized Homeschoolers On Board!"

What activities have you guys found to get your kids the social stimulation they miss by not being in school? Sports? Acting classes? Music lessons? Playgroups? Underwater basket weaving? LOL There's so much to choose from. What do YOU do?

Lisa-VT is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'd love to know what kind of socialization you participate in. We are new to homeschooling and this seems to be the most difficult part of homeschooling for me. We are somewhat new to the community that we live in so I am feeling like I don't have many resources. We are in Saxton's River - do you have suggestions for how I get started in joining the HS community?

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Hi Lisa -
    If you're new to homeschooling, it could be really helpful to find a local support group of likeminded homeschoolers. Many support groups plan activities, field trips, and playdates for the kids...and they're great for moms too! Look here for a few to choose from. thehomeschoolmom

Another good source for homeschool support groups is on Yahoo. You can search for a group in your area here: Yahoo Groups

There are all sorts of activites out there, from art or music classes, to tours of local museums, set up just for homeschoolers. Networking with other parents here online or in a local support group will help you find out about these things and much more. Please let me know if I can answer more questions for you!