Vermont homeschoolers like to homeschool because...
    MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default Vermont homeschoolers like to homeschool because...

I would like to welcome you all back to the new school year!
    I have great hopes for this school year, with its blank notebooks, and freshly sharpened pencils. Ok, so waxing poetic.
    The reality is that I am always excited and ready to think about a fresh school year.
    Along those lines I would like for you to chime in on this question:
    What is your favorite thing about home schooling in Vermont?
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

ckimball1969 Guest

Default new to homeschooling i want information ?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaToHerRoo View Post
    I would like to welcome you all back to the new school year!
    I have great hopes for this school year, with its blank notebooks, and freshly sharpened pencils. Ok, so waxing poetic.
    The reality is that I am always excited and ready to think about a fresh school year.
    those lines I would like for you to chime in on this question:
    What is your favorite thing about home schooling in Vermont?
    I want all the information on homeschooling my son is 5 and is in public school right now but we are having a problem with bulling and he doesn't want to go to school anymore. we are thinking about pulling him out of school and homeschooling him I want information and to know what the whole process is going to cost us. I am tired of public schools and the bullying and its starting younger and younger. My son is in pre-k and he is on an IEP. which I felt was jumping the gun a little bit. they put him on an IEP he was having trouble writing his name. I told the teacher it was my fault because I thought he had until kindergarten to write his name and once we practiced it and I worked with him and he is writing his name. I need your help to get started. sincerely, Christine kimball

Question Re: new to homeschooling i want information ?

Quote Originally Posted by ckimball1969 View Post
    I want all the information on homeschooling my son is 5 and is in public school right now but we are having a problem with bulling and he doesn't want to go to school anymore. we are thinking about pulling him out of school and homeschooling him I want information and to know what the whole process is going to cost us. I am tired of public schools and the bullying and its starting younger and younger. My son is in pre-k and he is on an IEP. which I felt was jumping the gun a little bit. they put him on an IEP he was having trouble writing his name. I told the teacher it was my fault because I thought he had until kindergarten to write his name and once we practiced it and I worked with him and he is writing his name. I need your help to get started. sincerely, Christine kimball
    -
    WISHING YOU THE BEST RESULTS with your little boy. We had to wait to take our kids OUT of the Lamoille County school system due to financial/work obligations. Finally THIS year we are also taking the plunge for similar reasons as you : the socialization experience for one of my kids particularly has been brutal and shocking : a slow acculturation toward accepting bullying and peer pressure to conform to broken basic value systems...oh well...So we're JUST starting to take this plunge toward rescuing our two kids going into grades 3 and 5 . Feeling rather cut off from a sense of local community. There is no website or specific representation of homeschoolers in Lamoille County but instead just conversation/chat threads within a broader national website...I suspect there are a lot of us homeschoolers in this area but can't find an actual resource for cohesive networking , activities , socialization except perhaps through these general on-line message boards.