Roll Call for all VA homeschoolers!!! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Roll Call for all VA homeschoolers!!!

cupcake092013 is offline Junior Member

Hi, I'm Ashley and just started homeschooling my 7th grader. Our goal is to do 7th and 8th in one year. She is struggling in math right now and I need like a teachers manual to help her as I don't remember some things. It's been a very long time since I was in school. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

bailbrae is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Ashley! My boys are in 6th and 11th grades right now and there have been many times over the years where I was lost when it came to something they were learning (mostly math...it's crazy how easy you forget things that you don't use regularly, lol).

The great thing about Time4Learning, is the flexibility. You have access to multiple grade levels, and your daughter can repeat anything she needs to repeat. If you sign her up for 7th grade, she will have access to 6, 7, and 8 grade material. So, maybe she could blow through some of the 6th grade math before you officially start, to see what she knows and where there are areas of struggles.

While there isn't a teacher manual for T4L, the program does break down concepts and does the teaching part for you. Honestly, I would give it a try and see how she responds to the curriculum.

Since you're brand new to homeschooling, I would definitely recommend that you snag this How to Homeschool ebook (it's a totally free download). It has some great advice, and tips from veteran homeschoolers.

Good luck! Please feel free to ask any questions you have on any of the boards here (some of the other boards are a little more active than the state boards, so you might get more info if you poke around the other boards).
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 12th year (2016-17) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

Hello,

Chesapeake Va Homeschooler, This is our second year homeschooling and our first time using an online program. I'm so excited.
    proud2Bgreen and Lynn.contee like this.

Thumbs up Re: Roll Call for all VA homeschoolers!!!

Hola everyone!!! This is our first year of homeschooling and I am praying my children will never see the public school system again lol. I have a 10th and 6th grader and Kindergartner. We are very excited and pleased with our new way of learning. However we can use any helpful ideas to use along our time4learning curriculum. Also can anyone help me figure out when and where I go to do our end of the year testing? thanks so much!!
    Lynn.contee likes this.

regisj1982 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Roll Call for all VA homeschoolers!!!

Hello everyone Im Regis, new to homeschooling but very enthusiastic. I'm the mother of 2 but only my 14 year old home schools. Any advice is welcome.

I'm Felicia and I'm in the Richlands-Raven VA area. I am new to homeschooling. I am a little lost and rushed. My son has struggled in the school setting since preschool. Recently we were finally informed as to why. He was diagnosed with ADHD, Autism Spectrum and Specific Learning Disabilities, and the schools had absolutely no compassion. He has missed so much school because of physical manifestations that not only were they threatening truancy but most recently he developed walking pneumonia and mono and they still gave us a hard time. So, needless to say, my 9 year old is going to be homeschooled from now until he feels he can return. If anyone has any advice it is very welcomed!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Welcome to the forum. You might be interested in posting in the Special Needs section, and we'd love you to share your experiences in any of the other forum sections, too.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Unregistered Guest

Fairylover I am just starting the letter of intent and trying to get my son up and going the school district here is a tough one and were fighting but we are doing all we can the bullying and picking from teachers and other students has finally pushed us to the edge. We are in Rockbridge county Virginia I need some help getting started! [email protected]

TaibhseAingli is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi! I just moved to Virginia and I am considering Homeschooling for my child (and future children). I am a little overwhelmed with the whole idea. My son is only 1 year old and already I am wondering if I am teaching him all that he needs to learn or if I am falling behind. He is very smart and is developing mentally very quickly, and I want to help him without being too demanding. Is there any advise or any help anyone can offer?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Welcome to the forum. It's great that you're thinking about educational options for your son already.

A one-year-old learns through play. There's a great book called Slow and Steady, Get Me Ready which gives ideas for educational play activities from newborn through toddlerhood. You will probably find you are already doing many of the activities with your son, which can be encouraging if you're worried.

My best advice is to not stress over it. Talk to your son a lot, read to him, point out interesting things like traffic lights and various animals, let him "help" you cook or clean, and just have fun.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8