Aaack! How can it be November already!?!
    Jenn71832 is offline Member Newbie

Default Aaack! How can it be November already!?!

Okay, my frazzled nerves are telling me that I need to panic. I can't believe that it is November. I feel like my school year is
    s
    l
    i
    p
    p
    i
    n
    g

away from me. We have not gotten nearly everything done that I thought we would. I hate it when that happens. I guess that is why I always write my lesson plans in pencil...

It does not help that, somehow, my life just absolutely refuses to respect my plans. You know what they say about the best laid plans going astray? Well, that is what happens to my the best laid lesson plans around here.

In the past month my kids have gotten sick twice (Not counting what we have right now, which I am pretty sure is the flu. ), my "Almost Done" daughter has decided to come home and go back to school (which I am very happy about), I enrolled in college classes , I got 3 times my usual amount of hours at my "part-time" job due to other people's illnesses, we had 2 birthdays in our house , and my husband decided it was time to clean out the garage and the shed.

I wonder why I didn't get anything done?

I am hoping that November will go more smoothly for us than October did, but that is one of the great things about homeschooling. No matter how crazy things get, we are together through the craziness and we can always catch up when things calm down a little.

Besides, as my husband said last night, our worst days are better than many, many people's best days. We really don't have a right to complain... Even though I do it anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I know I am blessed. It's just that sometimes it helps to vent.

How are things going in your homeschooling? More smoothly than ours, I hope.

Here's to November?
    Jenn71832

99momof1 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Aaack! How can it be November already!?!

Our recent cross country move really threw me for a loop mostly because it all happened so suddenly and was a nonstop whirlwind of BUSY for weeks and we're still dealing with a lot. I have some unused curriculum I bought mid summer and am hoping to get started on it come January! I am supplementing T4L's American history and also have some penmanship and writing workbooks to get my kiddo started on. I do have to say that T4L has been a total LIFESAVER during this entire stressful process! Without it I don't think she would have gotten hardly any schooling the past three months. LOL I highly recommend it to anyone that is in major life change mode!
    Melyssa, mom to Brenna age 10, using T4L 4th Soc./5th Lang. & Sci./6th math

Jenn71832 is offline Member Newbie

Melyssa,

Maybe you posted this somewhere else and I missed it. Where did you move from?

Time4Learning has been very good for us this year as well. While we did not move, I started college and went back to work. It is really nice to have something to fall back on when I am having a day that seems too crazy.

Welcome to Washington!
    Jenn71832

99momof1 is offline Junior Member

We moved from the Boulder, Colorado area.
    Melyssa, mom to Brenna age 10, using T4L 4th Soc./5th Lang. & Sci./6th math