Homeschooling schedule that works for you in Washington?
    aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

Default Homeschooling schedule that works for you in Washington?

We want to know your homeschooling schedule? Does it work? Do you observe holidays? Some, a lot, all or a few? Do you work thru the weekends? Do you only school a few days a week?

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

We school year-round, or as close to it as possible. We skip school for major holidays but minor ones like President's Day we work. We only do school M-Th and that is AWESOME! It gives a lot of flexiblity so we can adjust the schedule if needed.

99momof1 is offline Junior Member

We don't follow a schedule at all and keep things very flexible. School begins when we are finally up, whenever that is. It varies from day to day. Mostly structured lesson work is done in mornings though. We don't take days off for every holiday or follow a public school schedule. For example, we work through minor holidays like MLK day or Columbus Day or President's Day, etc. The exception is if my husband has the day off work. If he is, we take a break. We school lightly through the summer and take 2-3 weeks off during the Christmas season and also other times in the year, like for our birthdays or if we go with my husband on his business trips. I'd rather take breaks when we want or need to, then just taking off an entire summer. And sometimes lessons are done in evenings or weekends if we feel like doing it. So I guess for us, whatever whenever! LOL
    Melyssa, mom to Brenna age 10, using T4L 4th Soc./5th Lang. & Sci./6th math