Welcome to T4L in Washington!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    aandwsmom's Avatar
    aandwsmom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    932

    Default Welcome to T4L in Washington!

    Welcome to Time 4 Learning State Parenting Forum for Washington!
    I am your moderator and will be here to assist your homeschooling in Washington needs!
    My name is Katrina aka Aandwsmom and you will definitely see me around the board!
    If you have any questions on homeschooling in Washington please post them here and I will answer them ASAP in any way I can!
    If you have new info about homeschooling events, happenings, or interesting info in Washington, please be sure to post them here!!! We love to hear from you!!
    Please be sure to check out the T4L State Information Page:
    Washington Homeschooling Information
    Thanks and Welcome to Homeschooling in Washington!!
    Have a Happy Homeschooling Day!

  2. #2
    AKgrandma is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1

    Default Funding in WA

    We are currently home schooling in AK...planning to return to WA soon. AK has complete state assistance with all materials, computer and courses. Can I expect any help from WA?

  3. #3
    mcmary is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    59

    Default

    We get a stipend each year through our school district, so I assume that the answer to your question is yes!

  4. #4
    HowardHerd Guest

    Default Cva

    Quote Originally Posted by AKgrandma View Post
    We are currently home schooling in AK...planning to return to WA soon. AK has complete state assistance with all materials, computer and courses. Can I expect any help from WA?
    We are with Columbia Virtual Academy, or CVA. CVA provides an advisory teacher (We LOVE ours!) and will pay up to $1200 per student per year for curriculum and community based instruction such as hockey lessons or science classes. Here are their address and phone numbers. Good luck with the move.

    Columbia Virtual Academy
    3030 Huffman Road :: Valley, WA 99181-9749
    Office: 509.937.2809 :: Toll Free: 866.930.6282 :: Fax: 509.937.2672

  5. #5
    Teacher76 Guest

    Default 1st year homeschool family

    Hello,

    We decided to homeschool our 3 kids after years in traditional school and it has been a year of trial and error. We have joined a parent partnership in our local district and they do have many classes on campus, but learning how to balance our day has been a constant struggle. I feel we are sort of getting into the groove a little better now that the end of the school year is approaching (yikes), but I am thinking of relying more on Time 4 learning next year for the core subjects and just using the parent partnership for the elective classes and standardized testing. What are your thoughts on this? Any words of advise? Our oldest (12) will probably be returning to traditional school for 7th grade next year, but I plan on keeping the youngest 2 (9 and 7) in homeschool. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Unregistered-dani Guest

    Default where do i start?

    Quote Originally Posted by aandwsmom View Post
    Welcome to Time 4 Learning State Parenting Forum for Washington!
    I am your moderator and will be here to assist your homeschooling in Washington needs!
    My name is Katrina aka Aandwsmom and you will definitely see me around the board!
    If you have any questions on homeschooling in Washington please post them here and I will answer them ASAP in any way I can!
    If you have new info about homeschooling events, happenings, or interesting info in Washington, please be sure to post them here!!! We love to hear from you!!
    Please be sure to check out the T4L State Information Page:
    Washington Homeschooling Information
    Thanks and Welcome to Homeschooling in Washington!!
    Have a Happy Homeschooling Day!

    Hi. My first question is wether or not t4l is an approved curriculum in Wa state and what steps do I have to take to get her started and legal. Do you know what I mean? I am a preschool teacher and my daughter is in first grade. We are also members of the Suquamish tribe and will be looking for resources there. If you have any other knowlege or thoughts along these lines it would also help. Being new i am sure i will have plenty of questions. Thanks for your help.

  7. #7
    Unregistered Guest

    Default Testing

    My youngest daughter is going into the 8th grade. I have been homeschooling her. Is there a test online she can take that will meet the annual testing?
    Thank you

  8. #8
    aandwsmom's Avatar
    aandwsmom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered-dani View Post
    Hi. My first question is wether or not t4l is an approved curriculum in Wa state and what steps do I have to take to get her started and legal. Do you know what I mean? I am a preschool teacher and my daughter is in first grade. We are also members of the Suquamish tribe and will be looking for resources there. If you have any other knowlege or thoughts along these lines it would also help. Being new i am sure i will have plenty of questions. Thanks for your help.
    T4L meets federal guidelines for each grade so it is usually approved by States as well. We have MANY members from WA state. Have you checked out our WA State Info page. It has the legal links on it. There is a link at the top of this Welcome post.
    WELCOME!!! Register and post and join in! We love new members and users of T4L!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    hi, my name is Elisabeth, and I have a 6th grader who is going to start using T4L for afterschool learning/tutoring. We live in the eastern side of the state, and I was wondering if there were any others here who lived in the Spokane area? We were a military family, and now that we are retired, we have settled down back in our home state. We have come to the realization that our daughter has slipped through the cracks of the education system and needs extra help. I am hoping this T4L will keep her from being held back a grade again. Any support would be great!

  10. #10
    JoannO Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1winship View Post
    hi, my name is Elisabeth, and I have a 6th grader who is going to start using T4L for afterschool learning/tutoring. We live in the eastern side of the state, and I was wondering if there were any others here who lived in the Spokane area? We were a military family, and now that we are retired, we have settled down back in our home state. We have come to the realization that our daughter has slipped through the cracks of the education system and needs extra help. I am hoping this T4L will keep her from being held back a grade again. Any support would be great!
    Hi Elisabeth. I realize you wrote this a couple of months ago so hoping you check back on this thread. I live near Seattle and have pulled my 6th grader out for the same reasons. Definitely too many cracks for sure. We are use T4L primarily for math and the things they apparently covered in public school, he still didn't have full comprehension so we are actually going back for review. If you don't fully understand the concept in public school, oh well, the rest of the class is still moving on. I just love how we can review and my son is enjoying the online learning program from T4L in math a lot. He tries so much harder at home than he ever did in school and it's only been two weeks of homeschooling for us. I think the program will get your daughter caught up and if you have to do it through the summer, it's not a bad idea. I think kids need to do some light review in the summer but that's just me. Hope to hear from you and hope things are going well for you. My son is so much happier. It's worth the effort!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •