Okay, I know it's a little overdone, but I am curious what all of you are most thankful for this year. It seems like there are a lot of circumstances this year that might make it harder for many people to be thankful, or at least to list the reasons why they are.

However, I also know that in spite of negative circumstances and setbacks you can find reasons to be thankful. Historically speaking hardships have made us, as a nation, count our blessings in a way that prosperity has not. There are certainly enough hardships to go around and we read about those every day in the news. With Thanksgiving coming up counting blessings has been on my mind.

Here is my list (at least the ones I want to say publicly);

1. I am very thankful that we are recovering from the swine flu, with no complications.

2. I am thankful for my husband's job and for a husband who is willing and able to work his tail off to take care of us.

3. I am thankful for our warm home and for the money to heat it and still buy groceries.

4. I am thankful for the freedom to make choices for my children and our family. Every time I see my kids do something that does not fit the "norm", but is what I would prefer them to choose, I am thankful that we are able to choose what goes into their days and into their minds.

5. I am thankful for religious freedom.

6. I am thankful for our soldiers who are willing to go out and fight and die for our freedoms.

That's not all that I am thankful for but it is what I want to write down being thankful for. I guess that means that I am thankful for one more thing, the right to privacy.