Charleston wv homeschoolers?
    Lindsaydbrady Guest

Red face Charleston wv homeschoolers?

I ave a 5th grader and kindergartener in charleston but I can't find anyone in this area lol

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

There are some great links on this page to local support groups in West Virginia. I hope you find someone near you. To me a good support group is the most important thing to successful homeschooling. Best wishes to you and your family.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

missred is offline Junior Member

Hi Lindsay! There are a ton of homeschoolers here. I have a 5th grader and a 3rd grader in Milton. There are many co-ops, activities, book clubs, field trips and library activities. There are regular monthly ice skating, roller skating and bowling activities between Huntington and Charleston. If you are on facebook find groups: Tri-State Homeschoolers, WVHEA, CHEWV, Tri-County YMCA P.E., etc. We do 2 co-ops in the Barboursville area, but there are some co-ops closer to you: ENRICH is one and it meets in Cross Lanes. I'm new this year to homeschooling and have been overwhelmed and just switched to Time4Learning today. I've heard good things about it. How do you like it so far?

Default Charleston Area

I am homeschooling my 8 yr old son with Asperger's in Charleston area...

Blog Entries

Perhaps all of you can arrange to meet at your local library, park, or an indoor play space to get to know each other.

Unregistered Guest

Default I live in Kanawha city school area anyone here who can help me figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsaydbrady View Post
    I ave a 5th grader and kindergartener in charleston but I can't find anyone in this area lol
    I want to home school my kids, I'm on disability and cant aford alot. But my kids are having such a hard time dealing with KCE school, and they cry all the time wanting to be home schooled. I dont have a GED or high school diploma can I still do it? Is there anyone in my area that can help me? Thank you 304-343-8862 Hope

Blog Entries

According to West Virginia Law there are no requirements for parents who are homeschooling. So for that aspect of it you should be fine.

Homeschooling can cost nothing at all up to thousands of dollars per year. So much depends on you. Many families use the resources of the public library and other inexpensive or free community based programs. Our local art museum has homeschool classes once a month that are only $8.00 per child. Things like this would make great homeschool classes for your child for not a lot of money. Many families use a boxed curriculum. These vary widely in cost. My son uses Time4earning which is less than $20 per month. My daughter uses a program for her children which is free through her state. Other families I know use curriculum that cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars per year. But I don't think these high priced curriculums are needed. Often times you can purchase used curriculum for others in your local homeschool group. The opportunities are out there you just have to look for them.

Best wishes on your journey.

JWalters Guest

My 9 yr old daughter has ADHD and I often wonder if she'd do better for now in a homeschool setting with co-ops and work at her pace- medicine hurts her stomach, but it is necessary for her to make it in the classroom. Her 7 year old brother is "normal" and can thrive anywhere.

Talking hi

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsaydbrady View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to the area too. We've found lots to do and many homeschoolers. If you want to chat my email is [email protected]

castlelvr13 Guest

Default Homeschooling in Charleston

I have a 7 yr. old boy that I'm homeschooling and am looking for groups or small social and /or academic activities in Charleston. Seem like many activities happen in Cross Lanes, Dunbar, Hunt. area, etc. We homeschool for academic reasons.