December Traditions
    five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default December Traditions

Hello everyone! Here we are, entering the last month of the year! There's a nip in the air, Christmas lights are popping up everywhere, and the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season is here! There are many different traditions and activities that take place in the month of December. As a way to help other families with teaching ideas, traditions, and different cultures, please share how your family celebrates December. You may have a special recipe, craft, or activity. Whatever it is, please share it with us!!
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

mistyb30 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: December Traditions

I have been contemplating home schooling for quite some time. Is this the only thing I should use for learning or should I buy other books? I am also curious about the cost for materials yearly? I really am unsure about how to get started with the board of education. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Misty

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: December Traditions

HI Misty-

Here are a few that I got when i was first deciding to homeschool my boys.

Homeschooling for Dummies by Jennifer Kaufeld
    How to Teach Your Child By Veltisezar B Bautista
    The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling by Debra Bell

You should be able to find these at the library to check them out to see if they help you.
    Then buy on Amazon for a fraction of the price

I can only tell you that I spend anywhere from 200 to 600 on everything that we can't get thru the llibrary a year for both boys. We do time4learning, singapore math, story of the world, all about spelling, writing strands and five in a row. Most of the books you can get thru used homeschool stores and off amazon or ebay for a fraction of the new price.

Here is a website that helps explain how to start the homeschooling process for you
    http://www.chewv.org/Intent.html this site also has alot more information for you to look at and it is very helpful.

I hope this helps information helps-
    Michelle
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure