mercer county

Thread: mercer county

Unregistered user Guest

Smile mercer county

Hello, i am homeschooling for the first time this year. I have a first and eighth grader, somehow i managed to miss the "deadlines" for testing which were March 15. i thought it was April and i know the standardized test must be turned in by June 30th. There were only 3 places i knew to go through and that was wvhea, chewv, and another... however each of them have already tested and im so lost and confused on how to get them tested with a nationally standardized test. i have been on google trying to find answers and have yet to do so. i do not know how to get ahold of anyone for more information. if anyone has any info please help! thank you!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I would check first with a local homeschool group to see what they suggest. I'm sure this issue has come up before. Here is a link to several groups in the state.

You could also use option 3 or 4 to complete the assessment requirement. "The county superintendent is provided with a written narrative indicating that a portfolio of samples of the child's work has been reviewed and that the child's academic progress for the year is in accordance with the child's abilities. If the narrative indicates that the child's academic progress for the year is in accordance with the child's abilities, the child shall be considered to have made acceptable progress. This narrative shall be prepared by a certified teacher whose certification number shall be provided. The narrative shall include a statement about the child's progress in the areas of reading, language, mathematics, science and social studies and shall note any areas which, in the professional opinion of the reviewer, show need for improvement or remediation; or(iv) The child completes an alternative academic assessment of proficiency that is mutually agreed upon by the parent or legal guardian and the county superintendent. Criteria for acceptable progress shall be mutually agreed upon by the same parties"

You could check with the local school board to see if they have done the annual testing yet. If they have not, you could have your child do the testing at the school.

Let us know which option you chose and how it works out for your family.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota