Where are you West Virigina homeschoolers?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Where are you West Virigina homeschoolers?

Are you out there? I was hoping to get some feedback about some of the posts that I have put up here.
    We need for anyone who does indeed find this forum interesting or helpful to chime in below, pretty please with cream and sugar on top! If you have any suggestions about what you would like to see up here feel free to let me know. I am trying to find information that you want to know or talk about!

Happy Homeschooling~
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

DAB's MOM is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have been on time4learning for a year but never haved used the forums, until today.. I really enjoyed your forum on where to visit in wv, Im new to the area and really helped. We have been to the clay center.. Also enjoyed the science projects, I will have to post some that we have done. Thanks..

Blog Entries

OH great so glad that the posts were helpful for you!! I tried to find some activities for different cities/counties in the state so that everyone could find something near them. I have to say that the first year field trips and science projects helped save my sanity!! hehe Hope that you chime in often with things that you love to do in WV!
    pandahoneybee

DruryFamily is offline Junior Member

Hi there. We're brand new to homeschooling and T4L, and almost that new to West Virginia (we moved up in January this year). I'll be trying to take time to really read over all of the information here, between getting things together to begin our home education journey and going to work. Our last day of public school is planned for October 14th, but the Monkey has already worked on some of the T4L lessons and loves it so far. I'm very excited! I'll be posting a more in-depth introduction of our family in the general forum, but wanted to say hi to the WV moms
    Nikole ~ lucky wife of Hubby; proud mom of Tiger, Monkey, and Goose.

Blog Entries

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself HERE I think that the more families that come in the VW forum will make it fun and a great place to chat for all the WV homeschoolers out there! WELCOME TO T4L!!
    pandahoneybee

registered Guest

Talking Have enrolled and new a few questions answered

I home schooled my two boys back many years and I figure some of the rules have changed in the state can someone help? I am the Grandmother.

MommaKitty Guest

Smile Getting Started at Home Schooling again after so many years

Hello, We are from Morgantown, Monongalia County, West Virginia. I had home schooled before but this online is so much better and very affordable. Thank You for helping my Grand-daughter so that she can continue to learn at 811her pace. Her health was making her too sick to stay in the classroom so this is wonderful. Gamm811 Eva

Unregistered Guest

Default Your opinion of T4L

Hi, pandahoneybee!

Can you give me your honest opinion of Time4Learning? I am looking at it for my almost 1st grader.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi, pandahoneybee!

Can you give me your honest opinion of Time4Learning? I am looking at it for my almost 1st grader.
    Thanks!
    yes I can!! I used the 1st grade program our first year of homeschooling and both myself and my son loved it. Here is why....

First of all I have an older son who has learning delays and ADHD, so he required a lot more of my time then I thought he would.
    My youngest was set up on a schedule of 3 of the LA, LA ext and Math each day, he also did the science and history BUT since they were subjects we were doing as a group I didn't count those. My youngest is a bright boy who loves to learn and I am embarrassed to say that only supplemented him with spelling and left the rest up to T4L for that first year. He of course finished the 1st grade level and before we were officially done with the school year went in (since he could) and started the 2nd grade level. We homeschool year round because it is easier for my oldest so it just worked out. I have to say I was super impressed with our first years tests results, my youngest was considered average in Kindergarten (in public school) but his first year of homeschooling he tested a year ahead in LA and 2 and 1/2 grades in MATH!! For this reason, I am keeping T4L until the boys age out (my oldest did he is in High School now, still homeschooled). It is nice to know that I can go back and review the work he does every day and see if we need to go over stuff together OR I need to assign extra work in those areas that he didn't get 97% or higher on. That is one rule, they have to pass with 97% or higher, only because THERE IS NO RUSH to complete something I want them to master the skills before moving on! A big plus for me is they can go back and forth as much as they need to. I hope that this helped a little?? if not feel free to post here again or PM me with any other questions. I feel like I can be totally honest with you about this program because it was a life saver for me that first year when I was so nervous!!
    pandahoneybee

Samantha Putnam is offline Junior Member Newbie

We just started using T4L, and love it already! We live in Braxton County, and although we are new to T4L, we are not new to homeschooling. I pulled my oldest out of public school in January 2010. He has many special needs, and the public school system was just not concerned with his needs. He is 9 and in the 3rd grade this year, although only doing K level math. I also had to file a NOI for my daughter this year. She is in 1st grade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast