WV Homeschooling Groups/Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default WV Homeschooling Groups/Forums

arc-homeschool
    Appalachian Regional Cooperative is an inclusive group of homeschoolers in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
    WV Homeschooling Legislative List

A forum for discussing legislative topics that affect homeschoolers and homeschooling in WV, including news about media articles and programs, proposed legislation, research, and other information of interest to WV homeschoolers. All interested homeschoolers are welcome.
    WV Special Education Topic

West Virginia Special Education and Early Intervention group, including those who homeschool.
    WVAHS

I believe it is important for a child to receive a good education. I want home educators to become edcuated about the political arena concerning home schooling in this state. If you are a home schooler, or are considering home schooling in West Virginia, you are welcome to join.
    WVHEA

This is an information system for postings of immediate importance regarding updates or changes of meetings, plans, or events on behalf of the WVHEA. Everyone is welcome.
    WVHEA_Announce

This is the official West Virginia Home Educator's Association announce group for testing, workshops, special updates, news, headlines, invitations and various other postings.
    WV Homeschooled Teens

It is open to any teen who, like our kids, are frustrated with the long distance between others like themselves and would like some conversation, friendship, and interaction with those in the same boat. There will be many different kinds of teens on this list, so it's important that everyone's beliefs are respected.
    WV Unschooling

West Virginia is a wonderful place to unschool, and has it's own unique character and challenges...mainly long distances between other like-minded people. So here's a a place we can get together and help each other listen to our children and learn with them. Come join us.
    Resources
    Early Assessment College Placement Testing
    If you are almost ready for college and live in Barbour, Doddridge, Harrison, Marion, Monongalia, Preston, Randolph, or Taylor counties, Fairmont State College will give you a free math or English placement test.
    Support Groups
    Christian Homeschoolers of Jackson County, WV
    This is a support group where members work together to encourage one another in the education of their children as God directs.
    Eclectic Homeschoolers group for Clarke

HELLO or Home Educators Local Learning Organization is an inclusive homeschoolers group for Clarke, Frederick, Warren, Shenandoah and western Loudoun counties in Virginia, as well as Jefferson County West Virginia.
    Greenbrier Home School Dream Team

Are you are interested in growing a Community School, or restarting the Home School Co-op? Every voice is important, and necessary to cultivate our new school or co-op in our diverse community.
    HomeschoolShare of Wood County, WV

This is a group for Wood County,WV and Surrounding area homeschoolers interested in sharing, borrowing, swapping, or selling homeschool curricula, books, educational software, videos, equipment, science kits, kids' sports equipment, other homeschool-related items and other items, such as clothes, toys, games, etc.
    Jackson County WV HomeSchoolers

All field trips, news or questions can be posted here. Anything to do with homeschooling in our county or surrounding counties.
    Monongalia Homeschoolers

We are an organization of homeschooling families in Monongalia County, West Virginia, and surrounding areas. We are dedicated to serving the needs of homeschoolers in our area, and providing information to all those interested in homeschooling.
    Raleigh Educational Association of Christian Homeschoolers

R.E.A.C.H. is a group for homeschoolers in Raleigh County WV and the surrounding areas.
    S*A*L*T Group

We meet once a week in Jane Lew WV. We are a bunch of families that come from many counties to bring our kids together, to play games, learn from each other and have fun.
    Society of Home-learners for Independent and Natural Education

We are an open door for current and potential home-educators, regardless of religious conviction or method of "schooling." SHINE serves families in the Parkersburg-Marietta area of the Mid-Ohio Valley.
    St James TORCH Catholic Home School Support Group

Charles Town, Jefferson County, WV. We are are the Roman Catholic homeschool support group the provides support for the growing number of Catholic homeschoolers.
    Wood County Area Christian Home Educators

If you are from the Wood County, West Virginia area and are considering home schooling or are already home schooling and looking for a support group, please feel free to contact us for more information.
    Support Group Lists
    West Virginia Email Lists, Support Groups, Message Boards, Forums and Newsletters
    From Leaping from the Box. Please notify [email protected] if your email list, support group, message board, forum or newsletter is not included here or if you see errors.
    West Virginia Support Groups

List from Home Education Magazine. To be listed, email [email protected]
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

sclampy Guest

Default Another group newly formed

HIP: Homeschooling In Preston. Supporting the homeschooling families of Preston county and surrounding area. HIP-HomeschoolingInPreston : HIP-HomeschoolingInPreston

Blog Entries

Thanks for adding to the list sclampy
    pandahoneybee

alyssasgrannie Guest

Exclamation berkeley co. new to homeschooling looking for groups in area

looking for homeschooling groups in the berkeley co. morgan co. area. have 9 year old and this is all new to me. can someone help???

Blog Entries

here is a link I found that has a couple of homeschool groups listed, not for sure how close they are to you??? Local Support Groups
    this is also a great site with several listed for WV The Secular Homeschool Community - Secular Homeschool Support Groups by State
    pandahoneybee

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up homeschooling groups aroung Nitro,wv

My children are little but we are going to be starting school this aug but I have been looking for a homeschooled to join. I have not been able to find any around where we live. If anyone knows of a group around the Nitro-ish area that would be great. My email is [email protected]

Unregistered- Julie Guest

There is a Christian co-op in Jefferson Co. It consists of people all over the eastern panhandle though. Here's the link to that one: Jefferson County Christian Homeschoolers of West Virginia--Home

and there's a secular homeschool group in the Martinsburg area- https://www.facebook.com/groups/home...ternpanhandle/

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Julie for adding those links. If anyone has any links to other support groups please feel free to add them.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

tskidmore Guest

Smile new to homeschooling

Wanted to be sure this was a good program for my 1st son in the fall. I wanted to homeschool him and we are very excited about it . Can anyone help me and tell me if this is a good program and if others in my area use this site, T4L in Capon Bridge, WV Hampshire County

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I can only share my experience with time4learning. We have used it since preK. My son is now finishing up fourth grade. He still loves it. I find it very easy to use. I love how easy it is to print the reports when he finishes the year. For my family it's great.

I just did a quick search of the members (top of this page under community menu) and there are 60 registered users in West Virginia. I didn't break my search down by county so I don't know if anyone is close to you or not.

I would suggest that you give the program a try. (You can't beat the money back guarantee.) Post an introduction in the main WV forum. Ask any questions you have. And most important, enjoy the journey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast