Hello form Green Bay!
    mallery78 Guest

Default Hello form Green Bay!

Good morning everyone! Are there any families in or around the Green Bay area? I have a 6th grade girl and an 11th grade boy. It would be fun to meet some new people!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mallery78 View Post
    Good morning everyone! Are there any families in or around the Green Bay area? I have a 6th grade girl and an 11th grade boy. It would be fun to meet some new people!

We live in Neenah. Our daughter finshed her last day of 4th grade today at a Christian school. We are starting to homeschool as of today.... We also have a 3 1/2 yr old girl and a 6 month old boy. I nanny during during the day for 3 or 4 kids during the day

Unregistered for now Guest

Default Curious

Hello,

My family is considering Time4Learning program to be part of our learning curriculum. We will be moving from one end of the state to the other in just a few days, so in short, we wouldn't be able to sign up until we are settled into our new home.

May I ask a question to all using this site... How do you feel about it? How do your children feel about it? Is there any streaming or connection complications to watch out for? I can see there is a monthly fee for each sign-up, is there any additional fees for each course along with the monthly fee? For example, I found a link via Time4Learning for an 8 week writing course for $99/student (Time4Writing). Is this part of Time4Learning curriculum?

Also, we purchased a book from WPA (Wisconsin Parents Association) recently and found it to be very informative about state laws and requirements. I am hoping to find a homeschooling support group near the area we are moving into. Is there anyone here from Menominee - Hudson area?

Default Thinking of homeschooling in Green Bay

Quote Originally Posted by mallery78 View Post

Hi! I am thinking of home schooling my 10yr old son due to bullying and medical problems. He is also PDD-NOS. Not sure if it's the right way to go and worried about loss of special education services. Anyone else from Green Bay that uses or used special education services.

Shelita- I am glad to see another person in Green Bay.

thanks,
    april

agear69 is offline Junior Member

Hi! I am in Green Bay also and would like to meet other parents in Green Bay. We haven't officially started homeschool yet but are trying to decide if it is right for us. My son is 10 and PDD_NOS. He currently gets school services so I am worried that if we stop going through the pub school system he will lose out on the extra help. I am just checking things out for now and doing some research. Glad to see there is other people from WI here.