Hello from Madison
    MrsPreston is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello from Madison

Hi!

I am a mother of two girls, ages 8 and 4. We are in our first year of homeschooling the 8 year-old. We live in Madison, and have had a difficult time connecting with others like us. We are neither religious nor are we unschoolers, and that seems to be the two choices around here.

My older daughter is physically disabled, and I have some health problems too. It means our lives are a little more restricted than we'd like them to be, but so far I cannot convince her for love or money to go back to school next year, so I guess we're in this for the long haul. I am looking forward to connecting with other Badgers in the same boat

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Hello and Welcome! How wonderful that your daughter is enjoying homeschooling! Although they love it now, my own kids had a difficult transition from public school to homeschooling, so good for you! You can try the Member Locator Tool to search for other T4L members in your area of the state. Hope that helps!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com