Hello from Wisconsin

Smile Hello from Wisconsin

Hello all,

I am new to time 4 learning and to home schooling. I live in the Greater Milwaukee area and looking for people to share and bounce ideas off of as well as just to generally chat. I recently took my son out of public school as I felt he wasn't learning anything and his behavior was atrocious. How do you deal with stress? Any ideas on work from home positions that I can coordinate with our daily learning? Have any of you received any backlash from making the decision to home school and if so how did you deal with it? I look forward to meeting and conversing with you.

[email protected]hoo.com Guest

Default homeschooling

Hello im not sure how long you have been homeschooling but i will for the first time every homeschool my son. He is going to be 12 and in 6th grade, im nervous about it and so is he. Hes ok with the homeschool part its just his friends. so im trying to meet new homeschoolers so he feels confortable that there are tons and tons of homeschoolers.. i look forward to hearing about your story and how long youve been doing home schooling.

thank you
    michelle

We will be moving over the border into WI from IL soon and my son is 12 and daughter 13 both in T4L and we've been homeschooling for a few years now. We'll be living in the Southeastern part of WI, unsure if that is too far to travel for friendships to grow or not. Anyway, welcome to homeschooling!
    /nannymom

Hello and welcome to homeschooling!
    We currently live in Northeastern IL but will be moving over the border into WI soon.
    I have a 12yr old boy and a 13yr old girl both homeschooled and we've been doing this for a few years now.
    Yes we received a bit of backlash but I stuck true to my choice and just responded with, "this is our choice" and surprisingly more often then not people accept it and I receive more positive then negative. People are always most concerned with the social being filled. We've done pretty well on that so far but with the move we will be struggling with that a bit more... so we're looking for some social interactions, friends and such in WI to form new and hopefully lasting friendships! Good luck and I look forward to more conversing also!
    /nannymom